Notices

Tough weekend

Old 05-15-2005, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough weekend

Will i can say i made it thru another weekend.All the problems with the ex and all.I think in a way i was looking for an excuse to start drinking.Boy did i make it hard on myself with the poor pittyfull me bull.But like they say if you believe in a higher power and are willing to pray in times of dispare it works and it did for me.I have 4 and a half months this weekend and i believe this was the biggest test i,ve had to do,and it scared the hell out of me.So all i can say is keep your GAURD up at all times.I wish everybody another 24hrs.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good work Dave! You will be stronger for having gone through such a test this weekend.

Love, Anna
Old 05-15-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dave,
I'm glad you didn't pick up and congradultions on 4 1/2 months. You will be tested repeatedly throughout your recovery, but, as long as you don't pick up you have a chance at resovling any problem.
The fact that you didn't pick up shows you are in a good space. For myself, I have found that it gets easier and easier to not drink and deal with the situations as they arise.
I have about 2 1/2 years now and I can say that there have been a lot of obstacles put in my way and things don't always work out the way I want.
Never the less, I still have no desire to drink again. That is the greatest gift anyone could have ever given me.
Here a 2 guarantees I have for you:
1) Your life will get much better as long as you don't pick up that drink.
2) Your life will get much worse if you do pick up again.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you...and HP!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

It's great that you are hanging in there amongst the living. For me, to drink is to die (and not necessarily physically).

Tom's reply was interesting to me. There were times that I drank again with full knowledge my life would get worse if I did. It didn't matter at the time. I didn't care.
I also had dozens of times when I had no desire to drink again. It does get easier to deal with the speedbumps in the road of life as I accumulate more 24 hours in a row. Thankfully though, the realization that the speedbumps are there to slow me down helps. Thanx for the insightful thoughts, Tom.

Praying in times of despair is helpful. I've found that meditating in the morning is most helpful. It sets up my mind for dealing with the day.

Heard at a meeting recently: "The urge to drink will pass whether I drink or not."
Old 05-15-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Thank you for your post and congrats.

Richard
Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS ON 4 1/2 MONTHS DAVE!