Notices

This sucks I screwed up

Old 02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry This sucks I screwed up

Today, I tryed I didn't want to drink today. I let life beat me. My wife is typing for me because I am drunk. Honestly I even took a shot of wild turkey 1 o 1 and drank 5 beers. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do Monique rights for me so I don't lie about what I do being honest is the first step to recovery. I don't know why I did it I just felt it the horrible URGE. I gave in to the erge I can't shut it off It doesnt go away. until I let go of the notion that I can do it my self and go into rehab all I am going to do is hurt my family. My wife and children I love more than life itself but that DEMON is strong. Please pray for me I will go to the meetings. Back to day one all over again I fell off and have to get right back up again. Febuary 16 is day 1 all over again. I hurt inside for many reason for some of those are hard to talk about. I have to get right with God Please pray for me and my family Thank you
Monique and Chris
Old 02-15-2005, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chris, what are your rehab plans? Do you have firm plans or just a general desire to go into rehab? Do YOU want to go into rehab for YOU, or to get the wife/friends/family/boss off your a$$? If it for anything besides YOU wanting to clean up, it won't work ya know...

I'll keep you, the wife, and the kids in my prayers tonite. Hang in there guy...it gets better if you really want it BAAAAD.

BubbaBob
Old 02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Chris

I am so sorry you ae feeling so bad . I know exactly how you feel. The never ending broken promises to your family and yourself , and the guilt and self hate. it is the pits !

Could you look in your phone book and give AA a call? You would be talkking to people who have " been there " " done that" who really understand how you are feeling , and would be willing to help. Just give it a try , at least until you can make firm arrangements to get to a rehab .

I wish you the very best with your recovery ........one day at a time

HUGX
Lee
Old 02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Chris,

A meeting tomorrow might be the way to start. I have 8 days after 15 years of drinking (the last 8 pretty heavily), and I attribute what little time I have sober to a daily meeting in addition to SR (I know what is next- sponsor and working the steps). I know how you are feeling. I was/am in the same boat. I know you want it because of your posts here on SR. You are a great person and deserve sobriety. Please keep posting and try a meeting.

I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Don't give up.