Notices

I Made It!!!!

Old 02-06-2005, 02:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Made It!!!!

Hello everyone, I want to start off by letting everyone know that I made it through my b-day without one drink. I am so proud of myself. I was really down that day too. I went to school, then to the public library to do some research, then home to an empty house. My boyfriend had to work 4 pm to 12 midnight, so that really sucked. To me my b-day means alot. If I didn't have a b-day I wouldn't exist. It is a celebration of life. Well anyway I was feeling down because I was home alone, but I never turned to a drink to make myself feel better. I know that on Saturday I was having a down day, and I was going to go out and drink to let off some steam, but my boyfriend convinced me that it was not the solution. He was right, so we sat and talked and I felt better. Thank god for him or I would have picked up a drink a long time ago. You do not know how grateful I am to have him in my life. He is anti-drinking and anti-drugs which really helps me in my recovery. It will be almost four months since I let loose on drinking. Last day was my last drunken black out and I do not miss it. One more thing before I go...I want to thank everyone for all the b-day wishes. It made my day to see everyone send me b-day wishes. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! :Terrific
Old 02-06-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

:congrats You did it!! Sunshine, you are awesome!! :bravo You are so strong. Keep up the good work and enjoy your sobriety.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Good for you!! Birthdays are alot more memorable if we are sober!! hehe That is wonderful that you have a supportive boyfriend! I know my hubby helps me more then words can say!! What blessings we have in them!!
Keep up the good work, you're worth it!!
Hugs,
Missy
Old 02-06-2005, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy B-day and congrats!!!
Keep it up!!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you Sunshine! I got a grin just looking at yours. Have a great day!
Val