Notices

I need to talk!!!

Old 01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation I need to talk!!!

I am new to recovery. I do not know what to do with myself. This is so much harder than I could have ever imagined. Will someone please help me????
Old 01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Chalane
Do you want to go to Chat and I can talk to you there...new too, but it's going ok. You just click on chat and register.

If you don't get there, there'll be someone along shortly for you - this is a great place with a lot of support from a lot of good people who have all been where you are now.

Hang in there!!

Cathy31
Old 01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chalene

Chalene,

I am quite new to here myself so I don't feel too qualified about giving advice. Also I am on day one again as i know I had more than a normal person would last night even if I did not wake with a hangover. But I do feel a bit jittery.

Anyway, I was reminded of the road I do not want to take .

I am sure that some with a longer time in recovery will be along soon and send you some support.
This is a great group.

greenmeadow
Old 01-05-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Chalane

It is hard but so worth it. I am in early recovery and not doing so well either. Join the chat in the am around 9 central time. There is so much help here, and suggestions for how to make it through. You didn't say what you were recovering from. My poison is alcohol.

Stay strong.

Marilyn
Old 01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((((((Chalane)))))))))
Welcome to Sober Recovery. My name is Brett, an alcoholic who once had no idea what to do with myself. Cath suggested meeting in chat, heading there right now myself. Care to join us? If not, it might help if you elaborate on what your problem seems to be and maybe together we here in SR can help you find a solution.

Kiss Heart of Spirit IN Love & Service,
Brett/aka 3 Legacy
Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My name is Jennie and I am an alcoholic (11 years sober). I have been in a relationship with a beautiful man who has recently joined AA and NA. He is finding recovery very hard but wants to do it fully. In the meantime he has told me he is unable to do a relationship - this has devastated me as you can imagine, but I am finding it easier to let him go with the help of other AA members and going to meetings. I guess I have to go through this pain of rejection and realise its a healthy letting go - as I do love him very much. Maybe we will be together one day but I have come to accept its not to be. I pray he gets well and has a happy life. I wonder if there are others out there who have the same feelings and can help me cope with the pain.
Jennie