Notices

Trying to negotiate the site again

Old 08-05-2023, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to negotiate the site again

Can someone run me through it? eg: multi, ..can you like a post without quoting 🙈🤷
Old 08-05-2023, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitehorses View Post
Can someone run me through it? eg: multi, ..can you like a post without quoting 🙈🤷
I've still not been able to work out how to multi-quote despite posting here for 6 years.

The Like feature is temporarily unavailable though it hasn't been available for 8 months now. It disappeared just before or just after Christmas last year when a forum saoftware upgrade broke some customisations that the admins had added over the years, one of them being the Like button. I believe it's on the list of things to be added back in if and when the admin get a chance to work on it.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the limit for multi quoting is 4 posts, so you'd mark the first three as Multi Quotes by hitting the Multi Quote button on each, and then with the last post you want to post, hit the normal quote button on it (the button with the " sign on it)

you don't have to post 4 quotes of course - however many it is, just make sure that the last post you quote you use the normal quote button.

D

Old 08-05-2023, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitehorses View Post

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
I've still not been able to work out how to multi-quote despite posting here for 6 years.

The Like feature is temporarily unavailable though it hasn't been available for 8 months now. It disappeared just before or just after Christmas last year when a forum saoftware upgrade broke some customisations that the admins had added over the years, one of them being the Like button. I believe it's on the list of things to be added back in if and when the admin get a chance to work on it.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think the limit for multi quoting is 4 posts, so you'd mark the first three as Multi Quotes by hitting the Multi Quote button on each, and then with the last post you want to post, hit the normal quote button on it (the button with the " sign on it)

you don't have to post 4 quotes of course - however many it is, just make sure that the last post you quote you use the normal quote button.

D
Testing... oh yes, it works! It's the last quote and just using the ordinary Quote button that I wasn't doing. Thanks Dee, I've finally been able to multi-quote!
Old 08-05-2023, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 08-05-2023, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Here is a list of BBcode functions like quoting. Some BBcode functions do not work now.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode