Notices

New detox symptom Face itch!

Old 07-13-2023, 07:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For itching I use pure aloe vera gel.

So if you determine this itching is not caused by withdrawal, what does that mean for you? Will it be a green light to drink?

My biggest gain in getting sober is consistent emotional stability. It takes a ton of energy to maintain a drinking habit without dying and that's the reality of it.

If you commit to stopping your brain will rewire and eventually you'll have a new normal.

Old 07-13-2023, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Do you consider your panic/anxiety could be a psychosomatic symptom of face inching? If that's the case anxiety treatments may help with the itching.
That's what I thought at 1st, Anxiety comes in waves, not timed with the itch.
Today is better than yesterday.

Tomorrow is a new day!!
Old 07-13-2023, 02:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sober45.
No not a green light to drink, but a lessons learned to avoid boozy night. That this is my process.
To me i like to identify the problem, and so one night of hey it's he is/her birthday or ya know what I've been good for a while what's a few?
then my head goes is it worth it? I think of day's like this and The answer is OH Hell No!
Old 07-13-2023, 03:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We call that playing the tape forward.
It is a Very valuable tool in my box.

Old 07-14-2023, 01:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The pain the body is in afterwards is just never worth it, once we realise this it gets easier. How i went on for so long indulging and seeing this pain as part of the my day is beyond compression now. This took a while to stick but i wouldn't give it up. That AV still pops into my head every now and then but i ignore its voiceand get on with the day.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi . I also have itching and it was non related to alcohol… infact, outside of anxiety I didn’t have any withdrawal symptoms. I had anxiety before I ever started drinking to be honest. I do think adult allergies can form and statistically speaking this year is the worst we have had in over 50 years. I’d suggest getting an allergy panel for peace of mind. It sounds weird but theraflu pm (don’t take it too much) helps my allergies a lot as well as Benadryl … mine were adult onset and only cured when I lived in Hawaii for a year. I didn’t get them until I was 32ish. But it affects my skin mostly. The Sauna helps with this as well.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

AL48 : I have just googled and learned What AV means. I had to laugh cause by definition I hear it.
I have an annual motorcycle run up north only 2days out and in. I stop at a specific restaurant have 2 drinks and out.
Yesterday all I thought was "I hope the restaurant bar is not to crowded and I get the side with the view of the bay".
I didn't even think, why would I be at the bar? I was already planning my post game. I can easily and happily just sit on the dock with an iced tea.

AJ143143 I had a full panel done 2 weeks ago, all good.
In Dec I stopped drinking, not to quit, but only on occasions, random Tues or wed not an occasion.
I did, no booze dec,22,22 to feb 4thish dry. Mid march 2x. Apr 1x, June 2x, Jul 1x.
with the exception of jun, no itch. but anxiety up the wazoo.
but in Jun BAM itch. Dermatologist gave me hydrocortisone.
But you're right Benadryl helps at night.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The AV is the downfall of many. I had no chance of quitting until I understood what it was and how to deal with it which is to not engage it whatsoever.
I understand it as not only a voice telling me why I should have a drink, how I CAN control ot if I try, how I Deserve a drink, how just One won't hurt, etc. but also as any negative thinking that could lead to what I've heard called as the efits, which means we just get frustrated with all the negativity and say efit and try to drink it away.
So even if the AV doesn't specifically use the word drink it has other ways of manipulating us towards drinking.

It's a ruthless, evil devil who cannot be reasoned with and should be put down soon as it pops its head up.

Have a safe and sober ride. Even in my drinking days I wouldn't even have one drink on the scoot. Too many idiots out there to take a chance for me.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well on day 20!!
The itch comes and goes now. after day 13
The Itch Has returned day 19 on the face neck and shoulders, oh and my nose is itchy AF!!! . Benadryl helps, not stops.
Due to get blood work in 3 weeks. last test in May was good. after not so good one Dec 22
Was just wondering How long itching lasted for those unfortunate to have it.
Just looking for light at the end of the tunnel.
We all are different i know, just knowing others may have been in a boat similar to mine, might ease my mind.
Old 07-29-2023, 07:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well day 26 yeah me!!
Still itchy, this blows. Dr not overly concerned based on last blood.
is what it is.
Old 07-29-2023, 07:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Try accupuncture. I did for my pancreatic pain. Not sure if it helped or not but she seemed to diagnose me without telling her anything. And I did get better. Just not sure if it was natural time or that therapy. What do you have to lose?
Old 07-30-2023, 12:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the 26 day's sorry about the itch hopefully it will alleviate itself soon.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabeodog View Post
Well day 26 yeah me!!
Still itchy, this blows. Dr not overly concerned based on last blood.
is what it is.
Congratulations on the 26 days, that's really good.
Old 08-05-2023, 12:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
~sb

I had severe itching when I got sober. Those toxins have to leave, right? Yep, it did leave, finally. I would guess it was a few months, but I did not relapse then, I stayed sober. My itching stopped and I continued on with sobriety.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I had severe itching when I got sober. Those toxins have to leave, right? Yep, it did leave, finally. I would guess it was a few months, but I did not relapse then, I stayed sober. My itching stopped and I continued on with sobriety.
Sugarbear1 Thanks for letting me know how long it lasted for you.
I get we are all different, some worse than others some not at all.

Its been a few months for me,i just feel no end in sight, but hearing that it could be some time and that it can end, encourages me
Have DR. appointment this months for blood, like i said blood was good last time in may,
just paranoid took a turn, although i know i didn't I'm just paranoid.

No want to drink if and when this stops, AV say's let's drink when i go out for dine, But my real voice orders iced tea.
not blowing 33 day's
Old 08-08-2023, 05:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
~sb

Sobriety is a series of processes and this, too, shall pass!
Old 08-08-2023, 09:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Sobriety is a series of processes and this, too, shall pass!
Thank you!