Notices

Baclofen

Old 02-21-2023, 06:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree though, I lived with someone many years ago that used to take xanax bars and would fall asleep siting up wherever he was and would be drooling on himself. I never understand it as I was prescribed xanax myself in the past and never felt any effect from them so I just stopped taking them. I stick with the klonopin once a day for about 3 years now and always follow the correct prescription plan. They just make me tired which is great considering my ptsd nightmares, they are a great help.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So as of now, I am just on wellbutrin which I feel is working very well and I know that's what I needed all along to finally get my brain adjusted and to where it needs to be. And just the one klonopin a day if I need it to sleep. How is that self medicating. I finally beat that Friday and am so proud. I don't feel the happiness like I did on baclofen but I am able to do things and have been running errands since Monday, no problem. I haven't felt like I was able to do this kind of stuff in a long time. I even shocked myself.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm taking half a percoset (5mg) at night for pancreatic pain prescribed by my doc. Its not much but it is an opioid. It helps me sleep through the night and not wake up with stomach pain. I'll take it until I heal and then won't. If you are prescribed it for sleep and you don't get a buzz and you are not dependent on them I'd say it is fine but I'm a newb to addiction and I could be wrong. I know I would not touch a pain pill if I did not have to but they have been really helpful going through this mess.

Old 02-21-2023, 07:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

your body doesn’t know if a benzo is prescribed or not. with all seriousness you should go check out benzobuddies.org - many people posting there are struggling to get off benzodiazepines who only took them as prescribed at low doses

benzos are extremely dangerous long term - and the problem is you won’t know what “long term” is until it’s too late.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rayofhope, the disconnect for me in all this came because of a few things you said:

1. Your first post (paraphrasing) you were taking 10 baclofen at a time and it made you happy/euphoric and able to socialize, then you were withdrawing. It sounded like you would take a month's worth of pills in a week. Was that not true?
2. You took someone else's prescription valium and said it was because your klonopin was gone
3. You've been taking klonopin long-term, for three years. Benzos are meant to be short-term (like 30 days) not long-term medications. Your medical team is behind the times if it keeps prescribing them so you can sleep. They're addictive. You found that out when your klonopin script ran out.

All this points to self-medicating. Klonopin shouldn't be used to sleep. PTSD shouldn't be treated with a benzo. Pain - that's another beast but still shouldn't be treated with an addictive drug in this day when so much is known about the dangers of benzodiazepines and opiods.

I really don't know the answer to a pain problem and you have to do what you have to do. There are non-addictive meds for chronic pain. There is physical therapy and surgery.

We've just seen a lot as addicts ourselves. You don't have to listen to us, but this is a sobriety forum so you'll get a range of opinions on benzo use and many of us have found them to be very difficult to stop taking, as you found when you had no klonopin.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah I disagree. I can go days or months without klonopin. A .5 klonopin here and there is not going to get you addicted, otherwise I would be addicted. Sure I had a problem with baclofen but never with pain pills or the low dose klonopin I've taken on and off for many years. Obviously went through 2 pregnancies on absolutely nothing. Never suffered withdrawal. This drug was the only issue and I beat it. A Valium and klonopin are the same exact mg. It was no different as to if I was taking my own med.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rayofhope29 View Post
Yeah I disagree. I can go days or months without klonopin. A .5 klonopin here and there is not going to get you addicted, otherwise I would be addicted. Sure I had a problem with baclofen but never with pain pills or the low dose klonopin I've taken on and off for many years. Obviously went through 2 pregnancies on absolutely nothing. Never suffered withdrawal. This drug was the only issue and I beat it. A Valium and klonopin are the same exact mg. It was no different as to if I was taking my own med.
This is the wrong website/forum to promote or defend the use of addictive drugs, Ray, seriously.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Okay well I was just looking for support with getting through withdrawal. I thought that's what this site was for. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to mention what other medications I take that I am not addicted to. I'll find another site that is more supportive of staying clean.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

And lastly, it wasn't the issue I am addicted to klonopin, it was the fact that I don't get it filled often and I was going through active withdrawal and was having severe anxiety and that is what that med is used for. Unreal. As for as I know, rehabs use these meds as well eith people going through alcohol withdrawal to help with the anxiety.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think folks are just concerned. Don’t take it the wrong way: please talk to your doctor.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I did take it the wrong way and i went through withdrawal. That's what I was looking for support on. I no longer wish to use it the wrong way as I think anyone who wants to get off drugs feels the same way as well. Isn't that the point? I'm just getting completely confused from everyone at this point.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i meant don’t take the feedback in this thread the wrong way! lol
but also, don’t take any prescription meds the wrong way either. please do check in with your doctor if you start taking anything new
Old 02-22-2023, 11:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
nez

You are looking to receive support. You want the support to be the way you think is best.
People responding to you are looking to give support. They want the support to be be the way they think is best.
There is much opportunity, information, and material in situations such as these that can be a huge aid in individual growth.
I don't need to agree or disagree with every moment that the universe presents to me in order to gain from the moment. I do find an open mind to be a great shovel as I shift through a ton of new ideas/thoughts(both mine and those of others) that get presented to me on a daily business.
Everyone is my teacher. Some teach me ideals to emulate. Some teach me ideas to avoid like the plague.
I need to get back to my homework now! :~)