Notices

Class of October 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-20-2022, 06:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

"Sobriety isn't a sad consequence. It's a proud choice." Bobbie, I love this!

All good here in Sam world.

Hugs to all that need them and I'm thinking of you all on this journey.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Love and good morning and afternoon, everyone. s ❤️
Old 10-20-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good Morning October group!

Sam, I'm glad you're doing well.

Bobbie, good job on your sobriety. Keep moving forward.

Peke, I'm glad you stayed sober.

Citrus, I'm thinking of you and your family.
Old 10-20-2022, 07:34 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Big hug to everyone and if you are not a hugger then I send you a warm, kind smile.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I’ll take that hug, Alpine!!
Hi Sam, Venus and Anna.
Happy sober Thursday.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Pekelover
Old 10-20-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

My nephew and his new bf are coming to stay the night tomorrow, I can’t wait. He’s like a son to me. Can’t wait to meet his new friends and to catch up. He’s technically my second cousin, but I don’t have sibling and his mom (my first cousin) is like a sister to me.
He likes to drink and unwind when he visits. So I will have wine. I’ll be okay tho. I’m not comfortable drinking in public.
Rain finally came to the PNW. Air quality is better.
Hoping to run tonight with the gang. If they cancel (due to poor air quality) I have my lights and I will run locally. So it’s a win-win: I get to run!
Old 10-20-2022, 11:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Mid day post.

Hugs to you Citrus, thinking of you and your family.

Peke, I've been through many similar circumstances. If I leave it up to my friends and family, I'll never officially quit. It's hard though I know.

This day has been really weird I felt like crap most of the morning for no apparent reason. Now all of a sudden I feel great. Hopefully it lasts awhile.

Be back soon
Old 10-20-2022, 01:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
My nephew and his new bf are coming to stay the night tomorrow, I can’t wait. He’s like a son to me. Can’t wait to meet his new friends and to catch up. He’s technically my second cousin, but I don’t have sibling and his mom (my first cousin) is like a sister to me.
He likes to drink and unwind when he visits. So I will have wine. I’ll be okay tho. I’m not comfortable drinking in public.
Rain finally came to the PNW. Air quality is better.
Hoping to run tonight with the gang. If they cancel (due to poor air quality) I have my lights and I will run locally. So it’s a win-win: I get to run!
I hope you mean have wine in the house PL.
Honestly, I wouldn’t even do that, but it’s your house.

D
Old 10-20-2022, 02:03 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Peke, enjoy your visit with your nephew and his bf. I don't ever have wine in the house because it just keeps life simple. But, I understand that you're comfortable doing so. Enjoy your run.

FiveTries, I'm glad you're feeling good.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Alpine Congrats and why yes, we can't drink no matter what life tosses our way. We lost the option to drink. It was what it was and now we have stopped and can not turn back. Thank GOoD-ness for that man. Such a monstrous drag on life, it just sucks you up in the bleeding bottle and suffocates your soul.

Just stick to the plan Peke and you'll be go to go.
Originally Posted by PL
If I drink tonight:
1. I might do or write something weird to someone that I care about
2. I will wake up tomorrow morning probably missing my glasses, covered in popcorn, dehydrated and bloated
3. I will NOT be able to run with my running group tomorrow night
4. I will feel worse than I do right now
I’m using my strategies. I Cleaned parts of the house. Snuggling with my dogs. Eating brussel spouts.
Brussel sprouts

Old 10-20-2022, 03:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Dee…OMG! Serious typo! I meant that I’ll have wine in the house..!!
Anna, you’re so right. I would prefer not to have wine in the house. But I will be strong for myself. I have to start getting my act together. Lots of holiday stuff coming up. Ikm at my worst home alone to be honest…

Okay Zen. As I get older I understand why ppl don’t care for brussel spouts!! I’m starting to buy them less and less lol…

So running group is tongiht but at location that’s different for me. It will be pitch black. So I will wear two lamps. The distance is only 5.28. I can do that. But this group is *fast*. And the talk a lot. And they never bring water (the sign of a good runner is someone who can talk a lot while they run and who isn’t guzzling water).
I’m going to do my best. I’ll feel so awesome if I can do this. Even if I’m the slowest. So what!
And let’s be honest. What’s my alternative? To sit home and to drink? And wake up tomorrow feeling like cr$p?? No way.

PS Citrus I’m thinking about you.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't think you meant you'd drink but for both our sakes I had to check PL

I have to add, like Anna I have a dry house - every time that voice told me I was being a bad host, or rude, or overreacting about a problem that was mine and not someone else's, I reminded myself of where pleasing others got me with my drinking.
D
Old 10-20-2022, 06:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Having alcohol in the house is a big no no for me. It will keep attracting me like a magnet. Big trigger...
Old 10-20-2022, 07:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Same Calmself. Even if I am not drinking I will keep track of how much there is! It is madness.

Super busy today. I think all of the plans for the visitation and memorial are almost complete. My best friend is staying near us until Sunday. HUGE help to have her near. She's been my best friend since I was 4 and her 5. I'll be 40 next year.
Anyway we took care of my clothes and some for the boys for the weekend. Youngest got his bow fixed, so he can have something to concentrate on. It was a half day for them today and they have tomrorow and Monday off as well. Super helpful.

I cannot beleive tomorrow night it will be a full week since we have been with C.
The meds must be working.... but this is a really strange feeling.

Off to bed in a few.
Love to all. ❤
Old 10-20-2022, 11:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Citrus, I’m so glad you hear that your bf is there nearby. I was thinking about you tonight. Sending you a lot of hugs. I wish that could offer more support or more eloquent words.

This run was a beast tonight. I was humbled. I can’t even explain how technically challenging this run was. Plus it’s dark out. I got through it. But it wasn’t pretty. Fell stupid and wondering if i could have done better. The guy behind me was so kind. He kept talking and making nice pleasantries. I couldn’t even speak at that pace.

I can’t continue to run with them and drink. Even if it was a few nights ago. These ppl do drink, but only a beer here and there. They put their health first. It’s all about running. I wonder sometimes if a few of them run to stay clean. Idk.

But I finished and it felt great. I went home and I didn’t drink. So that’s good.

Night friends. thank you so much for your support.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well, my FIL passed away yesterday. He had been living in a NH for about a year, but this was unexpected. I am happy that Mr. A and I are here to help my MIL out so she is not alone in this whole process. There will be a lot do.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sam - I hope Samworld is good today. Wishing you a peaceful day.
Suze - Good Morning.
Alpine - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're mother-in-law has you. Sending much love to your family.
Pekelover - Good job on the run. One thing I've learned about runners, they are some of the most encouraging people I know. Proud of you for doing something uncomfortable.
Fivetries - I hope your good feeling is lasting. We all need those days.
Hi, Dee.
Hey, Anna.
Zencat - exactly. We can't drink no matter what.
(((Citrus)))

Day 12 here. Driving to Wisconsin tonight to spend the weekend with my sister. Years past we would have hit the bars. This weekend we are going to a play, hold her new grandchild; and have several days of quality sister time. This way is much better.

"Sobriety means building a life you don't need to escape from"

Have a great Friday, friends.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning Bobbie love. Your weekend is going to be beautiful. ❤️

Condolences again, dear Alpine. ❤️

More love, dear Citrus. 🧡💛💚

Old 10-21-2022, 06:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Peke-about your running, you said-"I can’t continue to run with them and drink. Even if it was a few nights ago. These ppl do drink, but only a beer here and there. They put their health first. It’s all about running. I wonder sometimes if a few of them run to stay clean. Idk."

I think you're on to something there--and I've taken a similar approach-- I can't drink and have the lifestyle I want to have, which includes running, hiking, gym workouts, races etc. Alcohol plays no part in that lifestyle, although I do know athletes who will drink, but like you said, it's a beer once in a while. Also, my favorite yoga teacher once said he knew of quite a few people who used a yoga practice to stay clean from various addictive substances.
BTW, that run sounds slightly freakish! But, I've never run at night as I can trip and fall while running in the broad daylight. Have done it!
Citrus--I'm so glad you have your BFF with you for this weekend.
Alpine-sorry to hear about your FIL.
Zen-what's the Brussels Sprout hate going on? I love those little bundles of joy LOL.
Bobbie--another great quote, thank you.
5--keep fighting
Dee, Anna, Suze--thank you
And to everyone else I missed, thank you as always for the encouragement and guidance