Notices

I can’t believe tomorrow is day 8!!!

Old 09-25-2022, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can’t believe tomorrow is day 8!!!

I’m in my PJs. Getting ready for bed. I can’t believe tomorrow is day 8… 8 days since I’ve had even a sip of wine or alcohol. I feel great. Some emotions are peeping their head. There are some things I cried about today. Some things I need to process still for sure but I feel like I have a clear mind.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AJ143143 View Post
I’m in my PJs. Getting ready for bed. I can’t believe tomorrow is day 8… 8 days since I’ve had even a sip of wine or alcohol. I feel great. Some emotions are peeping their head. There are some things I cried about today. Some things I need to process still for sure but I feel like I have a clear mind.
Congratulations on day 8, that's great! It's ok to feel your emotions, emotions aren't meant to be buried, that is destructive. It's ok to cry. I'm happy you feel great, keep it up.
Old 09-25-2022, 02:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember those early days of recovery, and that feeling of "I can't believe it." So much of it seemed like a miracle. When I nailed my first year, that "can't believe it" feeling was still there, although it was getting easier to believe by that time. I don't feel that way now, but I clearly remember not believing so many years ago that I would ever see 26 years.

But it doesn't have to feel like a miracle. Sobriety is still as precious today as it was at Day Eight. In fact, the reality is that sobriety is something you deserve, because you earned it. Sometimes I consider it a gift, but it's a gift that I gave myself. Granted, many others helped me along the way and I'm grateful to those that did.