Notices

Class of June 2022 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-24-2022, 03:53 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Congrats to all on the sober days! I haven't been counting since my last bout but figure I'm over a week now or something close. Let's keep making it happen!
Old 06-24-2022, 04:07 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Oh and wanted to share this billboard sign I saw yesterday on the way to work. It read :

IT WILL GET BRIGHTER !
OPTIMISM
PASS IT ON
So I'm passing it on and it was something I really needed to see as I've been feeling so low these past couple of months.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

That’s great Stubbs

D
Old 06-24-2022, 04:47 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Thanks Stubbs!

Chevy, as fun as that time may be, I honestly would pass on the trip for now. You have worked very hard to gain your sobriety. I am not saying that if you went you would drink, I do not know you of course so I do not know if it would be too tempting to not drink while all of those around you are. I hope I am not being too rude. Just know how I have felt when after a period of time I drank again. I felt like poop. If you do go, run a tape forward in your head of what happens when you drink. I have done that and it has helped keep me in check. I wish you the very best.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Starting out my day “optimistic “, thank you Stubbs and great job on getting back on the rails!

headed out to water before work this am, a cold morning that will end in a hot day! Weekend prediction for triple digits. Thankful for our long wet spring before wildfire season

19 days sober today and so grateful for solid, sound sleep. Have a good sober day all!

Old 06-24-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Thanks Stubbs!

Chevy, as fun as that time may be, I honestly would pass on the trip for now. You have worked very hard to gain your sobriety. I am not saying that if you went you would drink, I do not know you of course so I do not know if it would be too tempting to not drink while all of those around you are. I hope I am not being too rude. Just know how I have felt when after a period of time I drank again. I felt like poop. If you do go, run a tape forward in your head of what happens when you drink. I have done that and it has helped keep me in check. I wish you the very best.
I hear you alpine. Thanks . I think I already know but I suppose I was secetly hoping someone could give some super magical advice to stay sober with persuasive friends on holiday . It would be near impossible tbh .
Now I have just got to think of an excuse. As I said they wouldn't believe me if I told the truth, I hide it well to those who don't know what we all know about sneaky alcoholism and tolerance.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:50 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Thanks Stubbs, keep us posted on the excersise. We'll wishes to you and hubster.

Congrats on day nnnnn19 Mariah. Way to go 😁😁👌
Old 06-24-2022, 09:54 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Joining the June class

Hi everyone,
Today is day 30 for me, but I was too late for the May class so here I am. I've quit drinking. Committed to staying with you all.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:11 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations Happy, that’s awesome. Enjoy your day🌷
Old 06-24-2022, 01:06 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chevy123 View Post
I hear you alpine. Thanks . I think I already know but I suppose I was secetly hoping someone could give some super magical advice to stay sober with persuasive friends on holiday . It would be near impossible tbh .
Now I have just got to think of an excuse. As I said they wouldn't believe me if I told the truth, I hide it well to those who don't know what we all know about sneaky alcoholism and tolerance.
Hi Chevy.

Honestly, I don't think any of us ever hide it well; I think that is a handy delusion. And tolerance just means we drink more to get drunk, and I think that people notice that as well.
And if your friends are really your friends, why not tell them you are having a problem with alcohol and are taking some time to get healthy?
Old 06-24-2022, 01:08 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happytobehere60 View Post
Hi everyone,
Today is day 30 for me, but I was too late for the May class so here I am. I've quit drinking. Committed to staying with you all.
Congrats on Day 30; that is wonderful! ❤️
Old 06-24-2022, 02:24 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chevy123 View Post
Morning all. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to another weekend without the evil juice. It will be 4 weeks for me on Sunday Yay !! 😁
I am currently facing a dilemma in that I'm supposed to be going on holiday in a few weeks with friends. We usually book a beach cottage and pretty much eat nice food and drink a lot of wine. From lunch right through dinner. My friends don't realise I'm an alcoholic. In fact all I'm hearing at the moment is 'ah your OK, a few won't harm you, your hardly the falling over one out of us all, don't think we've ever even seen you drunk ' .
I'v only said I'm drinking too much so I'm giving up for a healthy life . They would never believe I have a big problem anyway. Last time I gave into them I didn't stop for 5 months !
Thinking it might be best to give it a miss this year. What do you guys think?
I caved many many times in similar situations too.

I think missing it this year would be the wise move.

Later on when you grow and develop your what I call sobriety muscles you’ll be able to go anywhere with anyone and stay sober, but we all have to work up to that.

No one starts by lifting 350 pounds - we have to lift smaller weights first.

D
Old 06-25-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is enjoying sober Saturday.

Thanks for your replies folks. Dee your definitely right. I like the way you explained the situation. It makes sense and gives me hope that I will one day be able to do social situations when I'm stronger. Thankyou .

Have a great day all ✌❤
Old 06-25-2022, 11:27 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

It's early afternoon here and it's been a lazy slow day for me. Slept in later then usual and walked dogs. Just got some Mexican lunch out with hubs. Haven't accomplished much 2day but at least I'm sober today. Hope everyone is enjoying their day. 🙌
Old 06-25-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Stubbs I’m glad you had a leisurely day with your hubby🐕

I’ve not told anyone that I’m not drinking. Those words are meaningless to my adult Sons who have heard it and saw me sober for stretches.
I’ve been imagining them 6 months from now saying “Mom, I’m haven’t seen you drink for a long time and I’ll say, I haven’t had a drink for 6 months
That’s the plan😁

Home and exhausted after 3 days of long shifts,
Feeling “unsettled” tonight. I’m just resting and thought about why I’m feeling that way and there’s a couple of things that have happened this week (today a death of a friend I’ve know since I was a kid (my brothers best friend whom my brothers have looked after through his life and alcoholism and something disturbing that happened earlier this week
Anyway, I’m just riding that wave here tonight and will be glad to sleep and wake sober. Night All
Old 06-26-2022, 01:15 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
RAL

I will not drink today
Old 06-26-2022, 01:45 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Morning all, 4 weeks today for me and just realised it was end of May I quit not June. (I'm a bright lass 🙄 ) ah well, don't suppose a few days will matter.

That sounds like a great plan Mariah and I bet a lovely realisation for your boys. Sorry about your friend. Condolences to you and your family. Well done for getting through without the drink.

Well done Stubbs on another day sober. Love Mexican 👌

Welcome Ral. Congrats on your decision to be clean and healthy today. Way to go.

It's windy Miller in my little corner today. Will be cracking on with my veg patch. Lots of seedlings popping up now 😁🙏

Have a fab day all ✌
Old 06-26-2022, 03:04 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I'd forgotten about this thread. This is great, it can be my daily thread
Old 06-26-2022, 03:08 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you RAL
You too Worried 14

congrats on 4 weeks Chevy !

D
Old 06-26-2022, 04:27 AM