Notices

What's your favorite go to drink during sobriety ?

Old 12-04-2021, 02:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
I’ll admit (and I’ll probably get told off for this) I used to drink alcohol free beer, but that’s lost its appeal, and I haven’t drunk any for months. Good, it’s not cheap...
talking to myself again 😀

I’m not going to start a thread on this (to keep admins happy 🙂 ), but I realise I’ve overcome a little battle within a battle here. In my first year of sobriety, I was definitely reliant on AF beer. In my second year, I was studying a lot and remember getting through quite a few cans then too. Something seems to have happened in the last six months or so as my AF intake gradually went down. I don’t remember buying any for at least a couple of months. It’s a controversial topic, but my only concern with AF was the cost. I’m glad I’ve lost the taste for AF although I’m baffled why 🙂
Old 12-04-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Monster Ultra. Nothing beats it but it's not good for you. Having Pepsi max now which isn't much better. Love an overly strong coffee too. In my better moments, I'll have chamomile tea.
FF, given some of your challenges I don’t think that a huge amount of caffeine would be good for you. But you didn’t ask, so for what it’s worth.

How have things been? (Sorry to hijack)
Old 12-04-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Water, coffee, bubbly water, chai tea, English tea, ginger beer, and club soda with ginger or lime wedge .
Old 12-04-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

In the summer (that ONE day between July and August where I live😁🤣😂😅, Bunderberg ginger beer as a treat once a week, and Ceylon mango iced tea (I brew and make myself the iced tea).
Old 12-04-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hodd, I started a thread about non alcoholic wine a couple months back. Got great feedback from the entire spectrum, of thoughts and rationales.

Food (or drink) for thought here to ALL my peeps.

It is NOT the calories in sugar that causes weight gain, but the INSULIN SPIKE. So the brain recognizes artificial sweetener, stevia, etc. as sugar, (it tastes sweet, right?) so the brain will ask the pancreas to secrete insulin to process the sweetness. Caught in my head whether to share that, some people might not like to hear it, but I felt obligated as a health care person to share my knowledge, and if I didn’t maybe not have served my fellow peeps here on SR as well as I could.

🤓😘🥰😍
Old 12-04-2021, 06:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Samantha

This wouldn't change if I was drinking or not but right now I'm obsessed with zero sugar coke and mammoth burn powder!
Old 12-04-2021, 08:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

😁 calmself.

i say ANYTHING but ethanol