Notices

Practicing not preaching

Old 10-04-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Practicing not preaching

I've been working my recovery program for 508 days today and counting. I'm having a little family obstacles at the moment. I practice the tools that I have learned through hard work and dedication to recovery. I don't preach to my family on my journey in recovery. Like here get into recovery all your problems will magically disappear. Lol But I feel a sense of jealousy from the ones who I see have a addiction problem. Everyone has there own rock bottom and who am I to tell them they are already there. Even though they can stop any time.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was that person that you see now. The one who with addiction problems.

My husband was my drinking buddy. It was so destructive at the end. When he went to his first AA meeting with his oldest brother (10 years sober, doing the do with AA), I was SO relieved! Whew our problems were solved.

Then 4 years later our 17 year old son found sobriety within the rooms of AA. He celebrated 13 years on September 18th.

Me?? Well, I didn’t have that problem. So, I drank every night? Started not remembering what I said & did at night. I was fighting with both of them.Tried moderating, all those games with my mind.

Finally 7 years after my husband found the 12 Step Program. 3 years after our son. I hit a bottom ( just another in a series actually). Went to Detox for 3 days, then straight to a Women’s Only Rehab in Pasadena, CA. That was November 12, 2012. No relapses, actually stopping was simple, once I truly gave up/ later heard the term “surrender”. I was 55 and just couldn’t do “it” anymore… too many “its” to list here.

Since then, I have been doing what I want (not have to anymore) in order to stay here on my Recovery Path. All that 12 Step “work” 🙂🙂📘📘💙💙. Experiencing a life worth living! Truly.

To end this lengthy post, I NEVER thought I’d quit drinking. I was so SCARED to even think of life without alcohol.

Those thoughts really seem like a long, long time ago. I can’t make anybody want sobriety. I pray for my family, friends in and out of the rooms who are struggling .

I hope I’m doing my best, being a good example. Definitely an example of it’s never, ever too late to get on the recovery path.

💙📘🙏🏼
Bobbi
Old 10-04-2021, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 508 days SO tho sorry for the family issues.

D
Old 10-04-2021, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
I was that person that you see now. The one who with addiction problems.

My husband was my drinking buddy. It was so destructive at the end. When he went to his first AA meeting with his oldest brother (10 years sober, doing the do with AA), I was SO relieved! Whew our problems were solved.

Then 4 years later our 17 year old son found sobriety within the rooms of AA. He celebrated 13 years on September 18th.

Me?? Well, I didn’t have that problem. So, I drank every night? Started not remembering what I said & did at night. I was fighting with both of them.Tried moderating, all those games with my mind.

Finally 7 years after my husband found the 12 Step Program. 3 years after our son. I hit a bottom ( just another in a series actually). Went to Detox for 3 days, then straight to a Women’s Only Rehab in Pasadena, CA. That was November 12, 2012. No relapses, actually stopping was simple, once I truly gave up/ later heard the term “surrender”. I was 55 and just couldn’t do “it” anymore… too many “its” to list here.

Since then, I have been doing what I want (not have to anymore) in order to stay here on my Recovery Path. All that 12 Step “work” 🙂🙂📘📘💙💙. Experiencing a life worth living! Truly.

To end this lengthy post, I NEVER thought I’d quit drinking. I was so SCARED to even think of life without alcohol.

Those thoughts really seem like a long, long time ago. I can’t make anybody want sobriety. I pray for my family, friends in and out of the rooms who are struggling .

I hope I’m doing my best, being a good example. Definitely an example of it’s never, ever too late to get on the recovery path.

💙📘🙏🏼
Bobbi
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 508 days SO tho sorry for the family issues.

D
Thank you for the support. And yes BK be a example to the younger members of my family. Someone once asked me what is your purpose in life? I said to be the person that my kids can look up too. And they all do look up to me like I am superman. It's the adults in my family that act like children. Day 508 is closing looking forward to a brighter day tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 508 days sober!!