Notices

Checking in

Old 09-19-2021, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Today I work on day 493. One day at a time.

I look back over the last few weeks I I noticed that I haven't been doing so well on this. I began to get relaxed or I would say comfortable in a schedule cozy and not so much obstacles. Yes it is great to have a healthy schedule but I began to feel LAZY in my healthy schedule. I would do my activities but have very little or no motivation. I would stay discipline and do what needs to be done. I don't have the urge to drink or use. Over the last 2 days I began to actually meditate before my workouts and felt great. Prior to this I would workout to let my frustrations out most anger . I would get great workouts but still felt anger at the end of my workouts. I would then follow up with my meditation to cool down. But with meditation before working out it cleared my head of the negative anger and gave me a clear head to understand that working out is a gift and I am grateful I am able to continue to do this. Does this make sense had anyone felt this way.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you StickyOne.
I’m not a meditator but it sounds like it’s working for you

D
Old 09-19-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Today I work on day 493. One day at a time.

I look back over the last few weeks I I noticed that I haven't been doing so well on this. I began to get relaxed or I would say comfortable in a schedule cozy and not so much obstacles. Yes it is great to have a healthy schedule but I began to feel LAZY in my healthy schedule. I would do my activities but have very little or no motivation. I would stay discipline and do what needs to be done. I don't have the urge to drink or use. Over the last 2 days I began to actually meditate before my workouts and felt great. Prior to this I would workout to let my frustrations out most anger . I would get great workouts but still felt anger at the end of my workouts. I would then follow up with my meditation to cool down. But with meditation before working out it cleared my head of the negative anger and gave me a clear head to understand that working out is a gift and I am grateful I am able to continue to do this. Does this make sense had anyone felt this way.
I got to day 440 and this is exactly how I felt. Keep going!! I relapsed and although I've fought hard to manage to wrap it up in 3 weeks, it was horrible. Back on the sober train: 100% I think the brain can complicate simple stuff. Oh the washing up needs to be done, ok so let's just do it then. I was struggling with all the stuff I didn't feel like doing. Very child like mentality.... I have been reminded, simply, don't drink. Things can be nice and simple, and with a change in attitude I can even keep on top of regular life stuff!
Old 09-19-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stickyone, I admire you meditating daily. I'm working towards that.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UNITE4STRENGTH View Post
I got to day 440 and this is exactly how I felt. Keep going!! I relapsed and although I've fought hard to manage to wrap it up in 3 weeks, it was horrible. Back on the sober train: 100% I think the brain can complicate simple stuff. Oh the washing up needs to be done, ok so let's just do it then. I was struggling with all the stuff I didn't feel like doing. Very child like mentality.... I have been reminded, simply, don't drink. Things can be nice and simple, and with a change in attitude I can even keep on top of regular life stuff!
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Stickyone, I admire you meditating daily. I'm working towards that.
thank you for the support and response. Yes Anna I meditate everyday after breakfast then I'll drink my coffee. Lol U4S thanks for the input I am very grateful for what I have accomplished over the last year. The way I view things now is alot more of a positive outlook and not so much assumption making small things into the end of the world. Things have been really hard the last few weeks I know it will get better.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 493+. It sounds like you lost a bit of motivation but meditation has helped you to be able to refocus. Well done on finding something that works for you but could you perhaps look at setting yourself new goals so that you don't lose motivation in future?
Old 09-20-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats sticky…Keep it up man!
Old 09-20-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Congratulations on day 493+. It sounds like you lost a bit of motivation but meditation has helped you to be able to refocus. Well done on finding something that works for you but could you perhaps look at setting yourself new goals so that you don't lose motivation in future?
Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Congrats sticky…Keep it up man!
Thank you

New goals sounds great to me. Now that I look at the whole picture. All these new healthy habits and lifestyle changes have been amazing. The boredom and lost of motivation is because I was unable to be consistent with them before so they were my goals. But I have been over the 494 days. I believe I'm forgetting the benefits and rewards of those choices and the foundation that I am building for my life of recovery and self love. New goals will definitely bring some new growth in my recovery. banana: