Notices

Hiccup?

Old 09-14-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hiccup?

I had a two week reminder of why I visit this site. That voice convinced me that I could drink some beer and get motivated to get a bunch of things done that I had been putting off for a long time. I did get some stuff done but it wasn't the way I thought it would be, but at the same time it was exactly how I thought it would be. First I got some pot for about a month then I knew it wouldn't be enough so I got beer. It didn't take long and I was right back where I started. Isolating, not eating well. Everything evolved around the drink and the high. I could tell my liver was enlarged a little.. I came to my senses and stopped again. Much easier than the last time. For a long time I kept thinking I was missing something. I guess this is just part of my recovery. I am over it. i even smoked about 5 or 6 packs of cigarettes in that 2 weeks. Thanks for being here!
Old 09-14-2021, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Always think the drink through. Not even days ahead just today. Is it a good idea to drink today, not ever, just today. Is it a good idea to drink today? Sure you can get a quick burst of motivation. My theory is much of this is from the sugars in beer. A quick burst of motivation but then what's the end game? Will I get a few things done and brush my teeth and go to bed? Does that ever happen? Where does it lead, where does it always lead?

Cravings blow over much quicker then hangovers, every time.

For me weed would only lead to a drink. I was a daily smoker for a long time and sometimes I would be high and not want THAT high anymore. No matter how much tolerance I had I could suddenly feel too high to do simple things. Too high to drive a car and need a few beers to be able to drive. I know right where a doob will lead me so I stay away from it.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back tomls. Its true we always have to be vigilant.
My three drugs of choice were alcohol, weed and cigarettes - its so good to be rid of all three

D
Old 09-14-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like every relapse I ever had. You mentioned that it wasn't what you expected, but at the same time, it was exactly what you expected. We try to fool ourselves, but our selves know better. We instinctively see through the BS we tell ourselves and others, whether or not we want to admit it. Glad you got off the crazy train and came back.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back!
Old 09-14-2021, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is good you are back.
Welcome to the healthier side of life, Tomls.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Good to see you back and soldiering on!