Notices

First outing since getting sober....... :)

Old 09-11-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First outing since getting sober....... :)

I've been invited to a dinner. I am attending this dinner tonight.
I have not gone out anywhere since the pandemic started and I have not really socialized since getting sober.

I've gone on walks with people one on one. I've gone on walks with two separate people actually. One person knows that I am sober as she is sober herself. The other person does not know I am sober. She is the one who has invited me to this dinner. I don't know the women who will be there and I do feel some nervousness. I am not worried about my sobriety but more worried about being around people I do not know. They will be drinking. There will be food so that is a plus.

I've already looked over the menu online and have decided what I will eat. I set some time aside for my spiritual practice and just finished. I guess its shower time and then to head out. ........... So, I AM GOING TO BE FINE. Just thought I would share about my nervousness. I guess there are a few things here......First outing sober. First time being around people I dont know. First time really being out since the pandemic. Well, there is a first time for everything and there just so happens to be lots of FIRSTS here.....

I am excited but nervous. Maybe Ill make a new friend. Maybe I'll create a stronger bond with the friend who invited me. I dont know. What I do know is that I will be sober and enjoy myself. Thanks for reading!
Old 09-11-2021, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have a great time Mizz. I think your mindfulness about the evening is a great part of a plan to stay sober. Maybe plan an escape route if you need to go early?? Booze is certainly not necessary to enjoy the company of others and to make new friends. Enjoy your self!!!
Old 09-11-2021, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Mizz

Good to reflect your feelings here

Im suspecting you’ll have a great time. ❤️

Old 09-11-2021, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Mizz

Good to reflect your feelings here

Im suspecting you’ll have a great time. ❤️

Old 09-11-2021, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Enjoy your dinner outing. You'll be fine.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good stuff Mizz. How was it?
Old 09-11-2021, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a fabulous evening, Mizz. It sounds like you're prepared to enjoy the evening and stay sober.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are going to have a great night Mizz...I hope you enjoy yourself. You deserve it.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a great night Mizz

D
Old 09-11-2021, 09:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just saw this.. by now you will be having dessert.. I am sure it went well and I hope you enjoyed good company, Mizz!
Old 09-11-2021, 10:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone!
It was perfect. The table next to us was over indulging in alcohol and for some reason it brought me a lot of joy. They were young and carefree. Laughing loudly and talking above everyone. It did remind me of my younger self long before I knew I had an issue. I can appreciate when people are having a good time. Its a fine line when it comes to alcohol but no judgement from me.

I am sober and happy. My friends Birthday dinner was wonderful.

I dont recall the last time I have been up this late. 10pm. HAHAHA! I just might sleep in tomorrow.
Good Night, SR!
Old 09-11-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome!

D
Old 09-11-2021, 11:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Thanks, everyone!
It was perfect. The table next to us was over indulging in alcohol and for some reason it brought me a lot of joy. They were young and carefree. Laughing loudly and talking above everyone. It did remind me of my younger self long before I knew I had an issue. I can appreciate when people are having a good time. Its a fine line when it comes to alcohol but no judgement from me.

I am sober and happy. My friends Birthday dinner was wonderful.

I dont recall the last time I have been up this late. 10pm. HAHAHA! I just might sleep in tomorrow.
Good Night, SR!
Great reading your posts. Really pleased for you. Well done on your progress and success.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So happy for you ! x
Old 09-12-2021, 01:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a great night Mizz. Good to read it all went well.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Thanks, everyone!
This is a good way to be. Such people no longer bother me or make me want to drink, but if I'm going to be completely honest, I still make judgements. Not all of them are bad judgements. Young people drinking, socializing, and having fun is fine, and at this point we cannot tell which ones will end up with a problem. Two Christmases ago, I went to a mixed party of adults. Most people were not drinking. There were just a small few who brought booze for themselves, and they got loud. I felt sorry for them, although they did nothing really socially wrong or inappropriate. I was just glad to be "not one of them." One teetering woman who I never talked to or found out her name, gave me an overly squishy hug when she left with her partner. I thought, "Well, that wasn't too bad," even though I was slightly embarrassed and feeling kind of sorry for her.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's great that you had a good night, Mizz! It's the first of many fun nights out and good next mornings (my favorite part.)
Old 09-12-2021, 08:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Delighted for you! A great moment and one you will probably remember for being a wonderful sober evening!
Old 09-13-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Awesome stuff Mizz.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad to hear this, Mizz.