Notices

New

Old 07-26-2021, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sophia22

New

Hi! I'm Sophia22 and brand new to the whole recovery process. I'm currently involved in drug court and quite overwhelmed with the requirements for it. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-26-2021, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Sophia! I have never been in drug court as I'm an alcoholic but sometimes I wish I was under a court order not to consume alcohol. Although, consequences have never stopped me from drinking again in the past. Only a personal desire to be sober has ever worked for me. You will find a lot of support here!

Old 07-27-2021, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sophia
Old 07-27-2021, 01:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sophia

I have no experience of drug court either but I wanted to welcome you - this is a good place to find support

D
Old 07-27-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've actually known people who got their start in recovery from the courts. If you already know you have a problem with alcohol, some of the court order stuff can lead you to the support you need. Good luck with the experience. I hope to see more of you in this thread.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sophia,

Welcome!

I'm sure that Drug Court seems overwhelming with lots of requirements, but it could help to get you firmly started in recovery. I'm glad you found us.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to have you with us, Sophia.

You never have to feel alone now that you're here. We all understand how you're feeling & we want to help.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family Sophia! I have no experience with drug court but have lots of experience with this forum. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sophia22

Thanks everyone!

Yes, drug court is extremely overwhelming! As a matter of fact I just got done having a huge cry fest into my husband's shoulder as it seems like I can't keep up with all the demands of DC on top of my children's needs (back to school, football, etc) , plus dealing with a looming eviction process (a result of my legal issues & local law enforcement) we're appealing in court. So enough with the poor pitiful me... What can I expect from the forums? I'm supposed to attend at least 3 support groups per week and was given sheet list of virtual resources, but honestly nothing I've attended so far has been very engaging to me. Is there any way to get into group meetings on this site? What recommendations do you guys have? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2021, 07:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sophia

we don;t have meetings here on SR but most methods - like AA or Smart Recovery - do have online meetings. You would have to visit their sites (see below) to find out when, or maybe someone here will share a link with you.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...formation.html (Recovery Programs and Resources Information)

D
Old 07-27-2021, 07:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I plead guilty to a felony drug charge but I'm an alcoholic first.

My lawyer had me going to AA meetings in the months it took for my case to come up. Plus i live in a state where you can avoid jail on your 1st non violent felony. I didn't go to a "drug court" exactly but I had to report to probation.

I went in person and got a paper signed for proof. Especially after the pandemic there should be lots of AA or NA online. Anything electronic you should be able to prove.
Maybe search AA zoom.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If you opt to go to 12 Step Meetings, the Secretary of the Meeting (or equivalent) will sign your court card. N person or Zoom Meetings. Ask at the Zoom Mtg you attend.

My perspective on staying sober: I won’t have a life to live .. commitments to fulfill, , a son & a husband to love IF I drink.

Welcome
🌻🌻