Notices

41 Days -DON'T BE LIKE ME

Old 07-13-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
Hey Max. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. Sending good vibes and prayers. Thanks for the reminder as to why I need to stop now. Been drinking he’s only for the last 10-15 years. In day 4 now.

Keep us updated and hope all is well.
Congrats on 4 days, I'm on 43 days and it has been flying by, keeping busy has been one of the keys. Keep up the good work, don't drink, just don't.

Thanks for the good vibes and prayers! Please don't be upset about what I'm going to say next: STOP DRINKING!!! DON'T BE AN IDIOT LIKE ME!!!

The book: Alcohol Explained by William Porter has helped me immensely! Please get it, read it, or get the Audible version.

Also, PLEASE go see your doctor, any doctor. Be honest with them, get your blood checked. They need to get a complete workup, and ALSO (they usually don't do the following) your INR/Prothombin Time and your ammonia, all 4 things you need to calculate your MELD score. If you have been drinking heavily for as long as you say, you may likely have damage to your liver and not know it. Cirrhosis is called the "Silent Killer" because we can function pretty normally on just 10% of our livers, then when things go south, we don't have any room left for improvement.

Thanks to everyone. I will keep let you guys know more as I do.

Max

Old 07-14-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good work on 43Days!
Old 07-14-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sending prayers, good thoughts and good vibes to you. God is a healing God. Be sure that you are consuming ng healthy foods to help heal the body≥ Stay strong. It gets better!
Old 07-14-2021, 12:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Max, just sent you a PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! I'm still free of booze and am hanging in there.

I just replied to you JAD

Max
Old 07-15-2021, 12:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Max. This is all of our biggest fear as drinkers. A nightmare situation with the damn liver. The liver has to be really far gone to have no hope at all though and it sounds like you have saved yourself just in time. Thinking of you brother

Owen
Old 07-15-2021, 11:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Me too Max. I'm sure things will turn out fine also. I have the tendency to get over dramatic and over react when in reality, It wasnt as bad as I thought. I sent you another PM also.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Max, I hope you are pulling through. I have been thinking of you and you are in my prayers!
Old 07-24-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’m in a rush so I can’t post much but when I found out I had cirrhosis the forums about the liver at inspire dot com were really helpful.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support. I'll get online and post something here in a bit. Sorry I've been away. It's been tough to focus lately.