Notices

Update

Old 06-01-2021, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I'm in a dark place right now. I'm thinking about suicide. No imminent plans, but certainly thinking about it. I'm in constant physical and emotional pain. The only relief I get is when I'm intoxicated and numbed with alcohol.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Please make a call for help Thrillou, even 911/emergency is an appropriate call in times like this. It’s actuality the alcohol that is causing you to feel this way, not the other way around as It may seem.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm at least going to look into therapy. Maybe full-blown rehab.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It would be nice if this thread got more than 3 views in an hour. I really need help right now....
Old 06-01-2021, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Thrillhou View Post
I'm at least going to look into therapy. Maybe full-blown rehab.
Those sound like good choices. I avoided therapy myself for many years and wish I had done it long ago. You already have what you need inside you to get where you want to be, j believe therapy just helps you with the plan.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It would be nice if this thread got more than 3 views in an hour. I really need help right now....
Sometimes the forum is busier than other times, but we hear you and do want you to find the help you need. I'd reiterate that if you are indeed considering suicide please contact someone that you can speak with live.

Here is a link to places you could call in MN just in case you might want to https://namimn.org/support/resources/crisis-resources/
Old 06-01-2021, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guess I needed to use a more "click baity" thread title. No one is biting at this.....
Old 06-01-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I was drinking I was always depressed. The alcohol made that 10 times worse cause my antidepressants didn't work while I was drinking a depressant. I believe that if you stayed sober for a few months, you might find that you're not as depressed and suicidal. At least, it was that way for me.

I hope you can do whatever it takes to get sober for good.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you are having intrusive thoughts and think you may harm yourself please call for help.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Thrill. Drinking ultimately won’t help your depression or suicidal thoughts. Quitting drinking and therapy and maybe medication will help. You are worth it. Get help. Lots of us here have thoughts of suicide. Me included. Stay strong and it will get better. I am 5 1/2 months sober and things are improving for me in so many ways. It’s not been easy but it’s doable. And I am so much healthier now. Keep posting and reading here. It will help. SR has been extremely helpful to me.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Way out of my league on this question. Dr. is the answer.

I will say this just to try and give something other than "Dr."

Prayers.

Nobody knows what is really going on in folks heads. I appreciate your honesty as to how you are feeling. Please please please just try to lean on this place if that is all you have. Creating a thread that says, please talk to me asap would likely generate a ton of responses.

If you are medicating with booze and you feel suicidal when you stop drinking, I would suggest don't stop drinking until you can get something to substitute (e.g. anti depressants etc).

Quitting a medication (booze) causes all sorts of mental issues. I can say that from experience. It takes a long time to normalize.

Hope this helps my friend.

Thanks for the therapy.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please call the suicide hot line Thrill. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You can gets sober, millions have and it is a life better than you can imagine

Suicide may end your pain, but its an awful thing to do to the ones you leave behind. You owe it to yourself to get help immediately, and I hope that you will.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Other than maybe my parents I don't think anybody would be that distraught if I died. I have 0 friends. I don't even have a job. At this point it'd be a miracle if I could hold down a job at a grocery store.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Other than maybe my parents I don't think anybody would be that distraught if I died. I have 0 friends.
You have a lot of friends here. Maybe not in the normal sense you are used to but a lot of people here care about you - many of us because we have been where you are and understand how much it hurts.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Other than maybe my parents I don't think anybody would be that distraught if I died. I have 0 friends. I don't even have a job. At this point it'd be a miracle if I could hold down a job at a grocery store.
I understand what you are going through a dark place. Don't give up it will get better. A job , friends all these things are still possible but you have to stay strong.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Thrillhou

I'm glad you got a few more responses. People here do care

Theres a lot of reading and crisis numbers to call here that you can use right now - but I hope you'll see someone about this as well ASAP. If you are drinking still, rehab could be a great solution.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ease-read.html

There should be no shame in getting help for our mental health, any more than there is in getting help for our physical help.

Take care of yourself Thrillhou - you are part of the family here

D
Old 06-01-2021, 10:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Thrillhou,

I a man glad you posted about how you are feeling, and I am sorry that you are struggling right now. I definitely think calling 911 and telling them that you are having suicidal thoughts is your best option to help you get the support you need right now. They can help with the immediate feelings, and also hopefully set you up with either inpatient or outpatient therapy.

Can you call your parents to let them know how you’re feeling? Are they nearby? Would one of them be able to come over and stay with you while you call 911 and wait for someone to come get you to the hospital?
Old 06-01-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Other than maybe my parents I don't think anybody would be that distraught if I died.
I used to genuinely this this too but the sheer amount of people who've told me since they were very worried about me and my drinking and dark moods is phenomenal.

Just because we think something when we're down depressed or in despair doesn't make it true.

D
Old 06-01-2021, 11:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thrillhou you are mired in a dark place right now but it is going to end and you will come out of it. Do not make the wrong decision that will permanently, and prematurely, end what would be the good life you could have lived had you not given up. DO NOT GIVE UP. This will pass. Please have faith in this. The drinking has dredged up, and amplified, some truly bad feelings and they are trying to confuse you. It is evil. Don't let it win. Don't let evil win. Stare it in the face and tell it to f-ck right off. This isn't the real you that feels this way. Do look into the idea of therapy and rehab you mentioned. Do this before anything else. You owe it to yourself, and your parents, to look into any and all helpful options before you attempt anything that cannot be undone.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I care about you. We care about you. I am sorry you are going through this but I can totally relate to the pain you are dealing with. I've been there but I made it through. I know you will too.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You are all saints. Thank you for helping me in this horrible time. I appreciate it. Suffering from a combination of alcoholism and severe depression is brutal.