Notices

Overwhelmed!Please help Oh ****, relapsed Again

Old 04-16-2021, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed!Please help Oh ****, relapsed Again

Just so disappointed! I need help and support, my life is so up in the air. Just disappointed in myself. Had years of sobriety. Relapsed and feeling like I’m still in a crazy situation so I may as well put off the sobriety until things settle down I was sober for years moved forc husband job he was laid off before the pandemic . I was good , and sober.we traveled to Canada, quarantined for the 14 day , my husband is Canadian. Coming I got back we stopped t the wonderful New Hampshire booze stores. And 😯 no tax cheap! So I made it thru quarantine in Nova Scotia but ****ed up at the massive tax free booze store!and have been drunk since then in February

well my husband finally after 15 months took a job in a neighboring state where they sell alcohol everywhere. I need to quit but find his crazy stressful time is setting me up for another day one
Old 04-16-2021, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just feeling miserable and don’t know where to even start
Old 04-16-2021, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So now we are moving again. The stress and anxiety is crazy.I can’t take the doctor’s prescription for cholesterol because it’s is crazy
Old 04-16-2021, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

keep trying you will get it your life is at stake, I am with you!
Old 04-16-2021, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Coming back here is a great start Sober 53 - Support really helps IMO.

Breathe

Try not to get overwhelmed with everything happening now and what might happen in future.

Try and stay in today - today you can stay sober, and deal with stuff on a 24 hour basis

D
Old 04-16-2021, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He finally got a job in another state who we are in the process of selling this place and trying to find another he real estate market is insane here
Old 04-16-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know I just have to stop and quit making excuses. The the husband comes home witb two boxes of wine and and 24 s of beer when I say I need to stop
Old 04-16-2021, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to learn to say no to people who kept on bringing me alcohol.

No matter what their motivations were, while they may not understand the situation, I did - I knew alcohol was destroying me.

I wanted so very much to stop drinking and embrace change.

The first step, or one of them, anyway, in that change is a resounding NO to more alcohol.

You can say no tonight - that would be a great first step Sober53.

You really can do this
D
D
Old 04-16-2021, 09:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks dee
Old 04-16-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have complete faith you can turn things around Sober53

D
Old 04-16-2021, 09:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tomorrow we’re going to a hotel with our old kitties to get their messiness our son the realtors can sell without them and them.just still thinking is I only wound knot have started up again
Old 04-16-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can understand how stressful it is and how wound up you must be - but drinking will just make that worse in the long run, yeah?

D
Old 04-17-2021, 12:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

chin up you can do it you can have a life beyond you wildest dreams
Old 04-17-2021, 12:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

like i can too!
Old 04-17-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Samantha

I can see how cheap alcohol would be tempting and it's wild to me how in the states they sell it everywhere! I would have a very hard time with that.
but, I know you can do it we are here for you!
Old 04-17-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You CAN do this again. I also relapsed around a move and finally sober again thanks to coming here everyday. I know how stressful moving is but everything can be handled better with a clear mind and clear vision. I also credit one book to getting my life back: "Rational Recovery," to understand the Addictive Voice and also the insanity of wanting to drink while desperately wanting to quit. So many of us are back here after relapse. It can be done. Stay close for support.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You can get this figured out Sober53. It sounds like you are going through some really stressful events in your life. I think moving is right up there with death and divorce as far as the stress it creates in our lives. Drinking doesn't help anything right? How are you feeling this morning? I'm guessing not well at all. Stay sober today and make a short term goal. Get this next move complete and lay your head down on a sober pillow every night between now and then.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

53, it's easy to tell that you are beside yourself in despair. It sounds like a hundred crazy things running around in your head at the same time. Sometimes there is no help from your loved ones when you need it most. We may give you some of that here, but I believe you also have a lot of strength of your own to help you through this. First, you need to get it together and sort through the confusion and throw out some of the clutter. Of course, stop drinking, because that is not helpful when you need to think clearly. Try making a paper and pencil list of the things you can get rid of in your head. I'm throwing darts right now, just trying to think what I might do.

I used to get overwhelmed. It was a part of my life, and it did help to make lists, which I kept in my shirt pocket in a small note pad. I would scratch things off the list as I dealt with them, and even before I finished scratching everything off the list, I would experience a sense of control, because I could see progress.

At times, I had so much confusion in my head that I couldn't even sort out the elements of what was bothering me. It was like a pack of barking dogs, and I couldn't understand what they were saying. One day this started happening while I was driving, and I felt so sick of this state of mind, that for some reason, I just took control, and said to myself, "I don't have time for this $hit any more," and I just shut it down. That was 25 years ago, and I haven't been bothered by it again.

Coincidentally, or maybe directly related (I don't know), this happened a few weeks after I had taken the last drink of my life. Maybe it was sobriety, but what I remember vividly was saying to myself that I didn't have time for this $hit anymore. It was some kind of power from inside me that seemed to take over.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I do believe you have a lot more power and control than you may think. And I wish you the best. Be sure and tell your husband that bringing home booze, no matter how cheap it is, is not helping you.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just want to send you some love and support ❤️
Old 04-17-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you commit yourself to not drinking, no matter what, you will be able to get beyond this. It's truly overwhelming at first, but focus on getting through each day. I know moving is stressful, but it will be so much worse with alcohol involved.