Notices

No scary dreams

Old 03-30-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Erica375

No scary dreams

Whew! No scary dreams this morning, just a good night's sleep.

The last half of the day yesterday was a bit rough, though. I finally realized (duh!) I am missing my daughter and feeling lonely. I cried for a bit, thought about drinking, and instead decided to get two slices of pizza and a burger for supper.

I drowned my sorrows in carbs and fat, and supported a local business while I was at it. And I'm feeling better. My sister is visiting tomorrow, and youngest daughter will be here on Friday to pick up some of her things. And on Saturday I get my second Pfizer shot, so I certainly have things to look forward to.

I'm glad I decided on the pizza and burger instead of the booze.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad too Erica

D
Old 03-30-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

An unhealthy diet is not a good long term solution, but yeah, I packed on a few pounds in that first few weeks. Great job staying clear of alcohol.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Erica375

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
An unhealthy diet is not a good long term solution, but yeah, I packed on a few pounds in that first few weeks. Great job staying clear of alcohol.
I am actively dieting and have lost about 20 lbs from my highest weight. I usually eat high protein, low carb, low fat, but in this case I figured pizza and a burger were better than vodka.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's okay to have a cheat day every so often. I am type II diabetic, even my doc says it's okay to have a cheat day, just don't make it everyday.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
I am actively dieting and have lost about 20 lbs from my highest weight. I usually eat high protein, low carb, low fat, but in this case I figured pizza and a burger were better than vodka.
well done! That’s how I eat, great for weight loss. Any time I stop drinking the weight falls off. Ridiculous the amount of calories we drink when drinking
Old 04-02-2021, 05:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One of the tools I suggest for dealing with the desire to drink is: (1) get on your knees and ask your Higher Power to take away your desire to drink; (2) follow that prayer with a recovery action (attend a meeting, call your sponsor, etc.). Rinse and repeat. Of course, this assumes you are otherwise working an active program of recovery.

As the Big Book says:
  • The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental defense against the first drink.... His defense must come from a Higher Power.
  • Lack of power, that was our dilemma. We had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be a Power greater than ourselves. Obviously. But where and how were we to find this Power? Well, that's exactly what this book is about. Its main object is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will solve your problem.