Notices

Day 1 again ..sorry if I upset some folks !

Old 03-06-2021, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again ..sorry if I upset some folks !

Hi,
Last week I posted that I was ‘pleased’ to hear from SR folks that what my 21 year old son is doing to me is abuse (It was so awful I kept asking myself if it really was). People also responded with good suggestions about how to handle it .. I found all this strangely comforting ... and so I drank for 6 days. He wants £5000 out of me and says if I don’t give it, he send a video,of me drunk to my friends and work colleagues. I’m not giving him the money, so am waiting to see if he does it. It’s a horrific situation but I’m going to court to renew the non molestation order against him next week. Some SR folks said quite rightly that he or the situation had not ‘caused’ me to drink and that I had poured wine down my own neck..this is entirely true and I apologise if I offended anyone by suggesting otherwise...Anyway, thanks for the advice and support. It really helps !
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you are taking actions to hold your son accountable for his actions. What he is doing is illegal in most countries and hopefully the police are involved as well.

Regarding the drinking, no apologies are necessary but perhaps you could focus some attention on taking care of yourself now that you've taken action to deal with the issue of your son? The fact that you found the advice you received here comforting yet still chose to keep drinking tells me there's some disconnect between your thoughts and actions. What about making a list of things you could do for yourself today that will help you? You have a captive audience her that would be more than happy to go over the list with you and offer suggestions.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You cannot really offend anyone here SR. Collectively we've done it all, used every excuse no matter how lame or how compelling, continued to drink, sobered up, recovered, went back to drinking, ad infinitum. We just don't want you to drink. I'm glad you stopped.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you are standing up to your son's illegal bullying. I hope that you can get some peace with that situation. And, there's no need to apologize at all.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Offended? No way.
Caring for yourself is top priority.
You can do this.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

U can do this.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m not offended or upset though I am sorry for you you’ve been drinking again.

Have you had new contact or is this the same threat that made you go to court?

I would go non contact with your son immediately and If he’s broken whatever legal strictures you got in court against him you should let the authorities know immediately.

You cannot let this thing drive you back to drinking again and again.

Your son is doing a vicious evil and illegal thing against you - but Nothing he’s doing to you is worse than what you’re doing to yourself over and over ICDT?

D
Old 03-06-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't give your son $5000 Ican.

Does the molestation order extend to coercion? There's got to be something there. Maybe talk to a lawyer? Extreme maybe, but his threat is extreme.

If my son ever ever threatened to post a video of me he would see the front door so fast his head would spin.

Never any offence Ican. We are on your side.

Just stay sober, no matter what. It works. And then it will be time for your video.

That really excellent video of you sober.

Old 03-06-2021, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi ICDT2,

This may have been mentioned previously in another thread, but if he wants to do something constructive, he should send YOU the video if he hasn’t already.

GT

PS: I know you can do this, but it seems your not ready to give up that wonderfully pleasurable assault of chemically enhanhced stupidity. You can decide to be ready AT ANY TIME and follow through on giving it up for good.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He has! I just look very sad and pathetic in it ! 😢
Old 03-06-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
He has! I just look very sad and pathetic in it ! 😢
“just”? I see, so it’s not so bad then, huh?
Are you still coming off yesterdays alcohol?
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We all of look sad and pathetic when drunk.