Notices

Day 7

Old 02-16-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Just about done with day 7. Actually feel pretty good so far (at least after the first few days). The urges have been many and often but I have been able to shut them down fairly quickly. I spent the weekend reading Rational Recovery and while I understand some aren't fully in that camp of thought, many of the concepts resonated with me and I've been trying to use the methods to identify the voice within as not me and that seems to be helping.

It was shocking as I was going through my profile and realized that I first joined this site over ten years ago. What a freaking wasted decade. I know that the next week will be tough as in the past that is when I always gave up or went back to old habits. While my resolve is absolutely stronger this time around I am a bit worried that if I let me guard down, I'll slip.

Every day seems a bit better....the fog is there but I'm starting to see through it a bit. I hope to have the strength to continue. Honestly I've been more productive at work and with my family over the last week than I have in the last few years....

It's a start!

Old 02-16-2021, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats and welcome back Trying.

Rational Recovery might not be for everyone but if it works for you, it is enough. It sounds like you are seriously developing a plan which is key for many to stick with sobriety.

Let us know how you get on. No doubt some things will get easier and some things will get harder. That first year is pretty brutal for many
Old 02-16-2021, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrat! A big step in the right direction. What ever works for you is what matters.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that’s a week!
just sayin’
Old 02-16-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks! Keep going, it gets better a little at a time, but it does get better.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on your week!

D