Notices

Day 4 mind and body going through adjustment

Old 02-07-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 mind and body going through adjustment

Hello SR family, I'm going through uncomfortable adjustments mentaly and emotionally in the coming days. Slept 3 hours during the night and will be starting to have proper breakfast and meals today. My mind isn't all there. Woke up with low mood knowing the coke/alcohole withdrawal cravings are coming. Feeling sad and depressed. I've had these feelings before and they come in waves maybe 3/4 times in 12 hours, never liked them so kept going back to alcohol and coke to ease the pain. I don't like this horrible feeling and I just want it to go away.

Last edited by Izzyak; 02-07-2021 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-07-2021, 10:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay strong, and this will be the last time you ever have to deal with this Izzyak

D
Old 02-07-2021, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee74,
That is the my long term plan to never be in this situation again. I've been going around and around in circles for far too long and its had a detrimental effect on my personal life. On a positive note I am trying to practice gratitude as it makes me feel somewhat content.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Waiting the the cravings to go seems forever. Wish I could just switch myself off to just let them pass.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you tried any of these things - I recommend urge surfing particularly
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)
D
Old 02-08-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Dee,
I'll check them out. I'm Definitely going to need any advice on cravings. Honestly the cravings can be intense and I can't tell the difference between a cocaine craving or alcohol. I'm assuming because these are intense cravings it has to be mixture of both alcohol and cocaine. I probably do need professional help!! Can't afford private rehab and other services there's only waiting lists of months. I do have a therapist checkin on me every 2 weeks. Either way I've committed myself to recovery and sure won't give in that easily. I WANT MY LIFE BACK MORE THEN ANYTHING!!!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To get back to peace there is a price to pay.

It was really uncomfortable for me in early days too. I said, "I just want to crawl out of my own skin." And so it goes.

There is a price to pay.

Hang on. Stay busy. EAT. Take a walk, take a hot shower, do laundry, EAT.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You will get better.
I had a very serious withdrawal the first few days. I thought I was done for. That feeling alone kept me on the sober path.
I'm in agreement that we all do have a price to pay. Once you get through this you will never have to go through this again. Stay close. Keep posting. You are not alone.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Biminiblue,
I am determined to pay this price come what may!! Life is far to precious to waste away, I've had my time WASTED, and It got me nowhere.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Izzyak View Post
Thanks Biminiblue,
I am determined to pay this price come what may!! Life is far to precious to waste away, I've had my time WASTED, and It got me nowhere.
Excellent. I don't ever want to go back there. I remember early sobriety VIVIDLY and I'm afraid if I went back out I would die. Maybe not right away, but I don't have another Wasted in me.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Izzyak View Post
Hello SR family, I'm going through uncomfortable adjustments mentaly and emotionally in the coming days. Slept 3 hours during the night and will be starting to have proper breakfast and meals today. My mind isn't all there. Woke up with low mood knowing the coke/alcohole withdrawal cravings are coming. Feeling sad and depressed. I've had these feelings before and they come in waves maybe 3/4 times in 12 hours, never liked them so kept going back to alcohol and coke to ease the pain. I don't like this horrible feeling and I just want it to go away.
Hang in there buddy.... Give the brain/body a few days to get all the toxins out of you... In my experience I usually start feeling a tad bit better on day 4, then by 2 weeks I am feeling great again.... Just don't pick up that first drink and you'll be good to go
Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've definitely made it my number 1 Priority to not start with the drink and see how I go. When I start to feel uncomfortable I'll start some activity just to ignore what's going on in my head.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What you are enduring today can be the last time you have to endure it. Hang in there and take care today.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're getting through it and it will soon ease up. Distract yourself any way you can. You can do this.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am making a big mistake, I had cravings during the day and ended up sleeping most of the day. I'm trying to set a better sleep routine but at the moment it's not working. I'd rather switch off and sleep when the cravings are there. I don't know, Just keep trying.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Are you exercising? It really helps the brain, and to get the routine going again.

Hang in there Izzyak. You can do this, man!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Are you exercising? It really helps the brain, and to get the routine going again.

Hang in there Izzyak. You can do this, man!
I second this. Working out is not only good for us physically but has absolutely saved me mentally. Those first few days it was just walking but even that just helps you feel much more sorted out. Highly, highly recommend my friend!
Old 02-08-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Everyone, I haven't started exercising just yet but I think starting off walking would probably be my best option. I do enjoy walks they do help me alot. Today was tough but nearly through it. I'm trying to stay positive and grateful. I'm gona keep moving forward. Been in reverse for too long.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm really glad I got through today, it was Hard but I managed it. still early days and this is a life long battle, tomorrow will be another battle. I really can't appreciate everyone enough, your support, advice and knowing that your out there and been through similar situations and are willing to help means alot to me. SR site is helping pull through, I'm sticking around. THANKYOU