Notices

Quick update, day 9

Old 01-09-2021, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick update, day 9

Well, things are good. I'm realising that all of my previous attempts at sobriety have not gone to waste. I am realising that unknowingly over the last 7 or so years of going through the relapse/recovery cycle I have built a kind of toolbox of knowledge and experience to navigate my way through alot of aspects of recovery. I am still very much learning but I feel like I have had my final relapse.

I have also started attending online smart meetings... unfortunately, in my area the attendance is very low, just me and 2 others, one being the hoste but I like their philosophy and I seem to be fitting in well. I hope a few other people pop along but we'll see.

I have literally given up nothing at all by not drinking. It is all gain and no loss.

Hope you are all well
Old 01-09-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That’s so true! All gain and no loss. That’s how I feel. Congrats on your journey - I hope this is it for both of us!
Old 01-09-2021, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true. It’s never wasted. The very first time I quit was “only” for two weeks, but it was terrible for lack of sleep. I literally slept an hour a night for a week. People noticed my appearance had changed and were asking if I was OK. On subsequent occasions when I quit, sleep was affected but not to the extent of that very first time.

People who relapse after a few days or weeks shouldn’t be too disheartened as it helps for the next and hopefully final time.