Notices

Tough week

Old 12-16-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough week

My 13 year old daughter was viciously attacked by 2 schoolgirls and it was videoed. They stole her shoes, pushed her to the floor and kicked her repeatedly in the face then uploaded the attack on social media

The old stewy would've picked up a can of lager and drowned in self pity hearing this bad news

Nearly six months in to sobriety, I'm proud to say that I've been fighting her corner this week, speaking with the police and schools to get justice

She's ok, I'm ok and we get through it, together

In a world that sometimes can be unbelievably cruel, above all else......

Be kind
Old 12-16-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's awful. I hope the police and schools will punish those guilty of this shameless attack.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry this happened to your daughter. I do hope formal charges are brought against these girls. No one deserves to be attacked by anyone. To post it on social media is a whole other level of insanity.

When I was your daughters age, I was attacked by two teenage girls outside my young women's youth group. I do understand how she is feeling and how awful it can be.

You two will get through this. Its so good that you did not drink. She needs you big time right now!
Old 12-16-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG, really sorry to hear that - kids can be unbelievable cruel, and social media hasn't helped that's for sure.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. Stay strong & sober
Old 12-16-2020, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh god Stewy. It's beyond horrible. Be a lion for your daughter. Be a strong sober lion.

What could cause these girls to act like this? Doesn't even bear thinking about.

I hope your daughter heals from this. Sending love and strength.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, that's just awful and I'm so sorry for what your daughter is going through, and you, too. You know that she will remember forever that you were there for her when this happened, don't you.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's awful to read Stewy. Good that you've stayed sober as that will be more of a help to your daughter than if you were drunk. My part of England made the front of the newspapers a couple of years ago when a girl was attacked in much the same way as your daughter and the same thing happened, the attack was videoed and uploaded to social media. I can't even begin to think what possess people to deliberately attack someone just to video it. It's a sign of sick minds.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for what happened Stewy

How awesome it is tho that you can be there for her fully present

D
Old 12-16-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this happened to your daughter. Situations like that are hard to deal with but it sounds like she'll be okay. Being jumped like that is nothing to be a shamed of it can happen to anyone. There's lots of jerks out there looking to hurt people any chance they can get..

I'm glad you didn't drink. It would have only made things worse. Drinking doesn't take away the pain it numbs it. Then soon as you sober up it comes back again. Best to just deal w the pain and handle things sober like you are doing.

What's good to is you will be better prepared for next tough week because there will be another that's just how life is.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stewy, I am so sorry that happened to her, and I hope she is healing. I hope that the police are able to identify the girls who did this from the video. Sending big hugs to you and your daughter.❤️
Old 12-16-2020, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry this happened to your daughter Stewy. At the tender age of 13 she would find it hard to cope with such cruelty. Stupidity. Hard to comprehend such stuff.

She will never forget that you were there for her Stewy. You are being the Dad she wants, and needs.

Give her a big big hug for me. ❤️

Well done Stewy.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How terrible! I hope your daughter is recovering. And hopefully they punish the attackers! I'm glad you didn't drink over it, Stewy. That never helps.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks all, massively appreciate the support

​​​​​​Resentment is like taking the poison and waiting for someone else to die so I'm getting off the pity pot today and looking at what I can do for my daughter

I'm grateful for being sober and to be gifted with the ability to tackle it head on following life's terms

Unity, strength, recovery

Stewy x
Old 12-17-2020, 03:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
VinBx

Wow this is so wrong. Continue to stay in contact with the police and let them penalize these vicous kids for their acts. They most likely don't have any guidance at home. Glad to hear she is ok
Old 12-17-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope your daughter is ok. What a horrible thing to go from. Take it as a sobriety tool. She needs you and you are there to support her.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alcoman447 View Post
Thanks all, massively appreciate the support

​​​​​​Resentment is like taking the poison and waiting for someone else to die so I'm getting off the pity pot today and looking at what I can do for my daughter

I'm grateful for being sober and to be gifted with the ability to tackle it head on following life's terms

Unity, strength, recovery

Stewy x
Is there any interest in getting your daughter self defense classes? Maybe a martial art class?
This is not to imply that she will be "jumped" again but to empower her so she "feels" better about the future and about the situation that happened. Just brainstorming.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Stewy?
Old 12-17-2020, 09:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alcoman447 View Post
My 13 year old daughter was viciously attacked by 2 schoolgirls and it was videoed. They stole her shoes, pushed her to the floor and kicked her repeatedly in the face then uploaded the attack on social media

The old stewy would've picked up a can of lager and drowned in self pity hearing this bad news

Nearly six months in to sobriety, I'm proud to say that I've been fighting her corner this week, speaking with the police and schools to get justice

She's ok, I'm ok and we get through it, together

In a world that sometimes can be unbelievably cruel, above all else......

Be kind
Jesus Alcoman. I had such a terrible day/week and I was sitting here sulking and then I read this. My oldest daughter is 13. I can not imagine the rage and and sadness I would feel. I am so disturbed by this and I send my heart and soul out to your daughter and to you. Please be well.