Notices

Made it to 6 days

Old 08-14-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to 6 days

This is the longest I’ve been sober in almost a year! It’s nice to wake up without a headache, swollen eyes, and nausea. I still have night sweats which is the longest that symptom has ever lasted. All in all I don’t miss it. I know once I have to be social again the true challenge begins.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome. Now is when you should be making a plan for the true challenges that await. As sobriety progesses it becomes a marathon.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on getting to Day 6. I found I had to change my social activities because I couldn't be around alcohol at all for many months. It's a journey.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 6 days Like Anna, changing my social activities has been vital to me so far; the people I hang out with, how long I stay out for, where I go (no bars) and an escape plan if I get a bad craving. These are perhaps some things you should consider for your upcoming social gatherings, especially in early sobriety.

Keep it up, you're doing great
Old 08-14-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

If you can make it to six days sober, you can make it to seven and eight and and ...
High Five!
Old 08-14-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’ve had some time reflect and realized every social gathering I attend is surrounded by alcohol...or the fun spin. My alone time always consisted of miniatures. I don’t know sobriety. I want to get to know sober me. Apparently the cashiers at the gas station either. I went in to buy a tea and right away he went to grab my “normal.”

Not only was I scared Into being sober but I was embarrassed. I want a healthy relationship ONE day and know it won’t be possible with alcohol.

Thank you all for the positive words!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Takeaction View Post
I’ve had some time reflect and realized every social gathering I attend is surrounded by alcohol...or the fun spin. I don’t know sobriety.
Some advice I have been given is take up new social activities where alcohol isn't a factor. I'm starting to learn about bird watching and intend to go on bird watching trips. If you had told me I would be interesting in bird watching a few weeks ago I would have scoffed. There's so much out there to do that doesn't involve alcohol. There will be something out there for you, too