Notices

Day 3

Old 07-01-2020, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well it's day three and usually I recover and bounce back pretty quickly but I think it's true how they say it ends up taking longer and longer to feel normal as the disease progresses. I was up all night paranoid with hallucinations and having nightmares. I got no sleep at all it was hard to get up and even feed my kid I feel like I'm still hungover.... I have language class shortly so I'm trying to wake myself up and then take my kid out to play and get some exercise..... As usual i have so many thoughts going on about how to be sober when all my people, places and things are reminicint of drinking and drugs... trying to stay present but it's hard.. My friend already invited me to 4th of July BBQ after I told her about me trying to get sober again, she doesn't get it... I definitely won't be attending... Then she mentioned if I needed to do done drugs, get high before rehab🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️once I have 3 days under my belt why would I put myself through initial withdrawal again... As I've talked about before in my posts when I had almost two years sober I had to literally block every friend that I ever knew its the only way I know how to be sober is to start completely new, new people, everything....well enough venting for now... I won't be drinking or drugging today...
Old 07-01-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don’t think those were “friends” you blocked Anyway, great job on three days. We need to put our sobriety FIRST. Above all other things.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, sounds like you got some friends to delete. Awesome job on day 3. Keep it up and keep posting here. You may know this already but day 3 is typically the hardest day for withdrawals BUT it should begin to improve from here. Sleep will be hard for a little longer. I downloaded an app that helped me immensely in my early withdrawal days. It is called "Calm" and is free through Kaiser but there should be others that are free as well. It is a meditation to go to sleep and all you do is lay there and listen to what they are saying. Keeps your mind from wandering and really helped my anxiety when trying to fall asleep.