Notices

Struggling with exhaustion

Old 07-01-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling with exhaustion

So as I’ve said before it takes me a couple of hours to sleep but then i sleep. For hours!!

Yesterday i started a new antidepressent, which makes you sleepy, so you take it beforw bed.

I took mine and slept from 8pm till 7.30am!! Keep snoozing my alarm because I felt sooooo tired.

Today i’m tired. And sick of being tired! Honestly had enough of this. I just want energy to be able to get on with my life! 😞
Old 07-01-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know with me, I have to be patient and accept things will not be perfect, ever because that is just life. I created the mess I'm in and I own it.

Being upset and pissed at myself or about it won't do me any good.

As long as I'm not drinking now, life is really good.

YMMV
Old 07-01-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

a certain amount of fatigue is pretty much par for the course in early recovery - think how much punishment we inflicted on our bodies and minds.

It won't last forever tho - try and be patient Al

D
Old 07-01-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know it's frustrating Al but I wonder if you reframe it whether it may be really satisfying? Lots of people in week two complain because they can't get any sleep!!

I loved the sleep early on because I knew my body was healing. I don't really get 'higher powers' but I do believe in nature and I found it comforting to know that when I stopped poisoning myself my body knew just what to do to repair itself. Listen to your body - rest, eat well, gentle exercise. Your body wants you to be whole again!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AI, you should stop resisting that, go down into that deep sleep, and stay there as long as you can. Hit the snooze button as many times as your life allows. You are in the early days and your body is still reeling from what you did to it. Sleep deeply my friend, sleep.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Keep up the good work AI34! I’ve been reading your posts. So for what it’s worth it took me a good 3-4 weeks to get back to sleeping 💤 Then it gets better And better. I think six months in I was even sleeping through my hubby snoring. I do take a small OTC melatonin to start off my sleep at times. Still the sleep is so much more incredible vs a pass out. 🤟 hang in there!

Once the sleep evens out you’ll have your energy back. I forgot to mention that when I first wrote this. Was concentrating on the taking two hours to sleep part.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really does take a lot of patience in early recovery to allow ourselves to begin to heal.

I hope that your antidepressant will cause less drowsiness as time goes on and that you will get your energy back.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Thanks for posting. Your hell on earth reminds me of my early days.

The suffering I endured was like no other. Each time I quit drinking the recovery time escalated.

I now believe that the last several years of relapses occurred before I healed to a level of sober appreciation.

Now I appreciate being sober.

I create natural dopamine and melatonin. These natural drugs are better and last longer than booze ever did.

But, I know the crave lurks in the shadows.

SR reminds me and helps me stay clean.

Thanks.