Notices

Class of May 2020 Part One

Old 05-10-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you drank again, freedomfries. You are playing with fire drinking on that medication! I hope the antabuse will help you but maybe you need some extra support too as this has happened a few times lately? Did you check out that online SMART meeting?
Old 05-10-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I don’t have any friends either, my drinking certainly got rid of most of them and the rest were picked while drunk so they ended up in the cold light of day to not be friends at all.

Day 9 today and very grateful for it. I had to get some tobacco yesterday but it was too hot to walk that far so took the car and the AV started rubbing its hands together. I only leave the house once a week and that’s when my mind goes crazy and wants to stock up on alcohol “just incase”. I managed to get tobacco and pet food and get back home with no alcohol so that’s another win.

Big hugs to all of you x
Old 05-10-2020, 03:11 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning! Day 1 here. Debating whether I should go for a jog or just a nice walk

Well I drank on Antabuse. Hand sanitizer. Got very sick. But at least I know now I can't drink on it

I think it is time to look at rehab and treatment dear FF.
I really hope you do....this is just so terrifying, to hear that you did that.
We care about you, your parents care about you. Maybe it is time to ask for help? :hug s xx
Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I feel like we are friends....all that is missing is the face to face....look at the love and support. And even virtual friendship bracelets.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I second about maybe looking at Treatment, FF. I know there are no places open here at the moment but hopefully in the next few months they will be open again.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Did the treatment centers close? They are medical facilities, I thought they would stay open.
Freedom, you are in clear and present danger. I hope you will call the doctor and ask him or her what to do. I say that because I care. I am praying for you.
It's mother's day in the USA and last night my sons gave me three rose bushes! I am elated, I have no idea where to put them. My new hobby!
Early recovery is emotional. Thanks for the hopeful words, Dee. I believe you're right.
Venus, I do think of you and the rest of the SR people as friends. It's a huge help knowing you are all there.
Happy day to all!
Old 05-10-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I could sell this stuff it's so good. 2/3 glass of milk, one scoop of ice cream cut up, way more chocolate sauce than you need, stir briskly. I have found the cure!
Karen, Karen, Karen. I just started Atkins! No milk, no ice cream, no chocolate sauce. Boo!
Now wondering if there is sugar-free Quik to put in almond milk....
Old 05-10-2020, 05:46 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Wishing a very happy mother's day to you @Sober369 and all the mothers, stepmothers (me), foster mothers, and family friends who are just-like-a-mother to someone who needs them.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Why can't you have milk on Atkins love? I think you can. I know dairy is limited, but you are allowed some, no? I think lactose free low fat milk is allowed.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey friends
I made it tru without drinking last pm. I didnt hardly sleep and had to take a very small otc sleeping tablet. Only a tiny piece of one as the side effects are harsh. Im up way too early but have things to finish up today.
Happy mothers day to all. I plan on taking my Mom some carryout lunch and visiting for a bit. I also am going to grocery. I still dont feel any better mentally but Im grateful for all the positive feedback here. And yes for your friendship!
I know I wont hear from my son or gkids today. I have a difficult relationship with my son its sad. But I dont expect anything from him.
Have a great today.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Why can't you have milk on Atkins love? I think you can. I know dairy is limited, but you are allowed some, no? I think lactose free low fat milk is allowed.
Milk actually has carbs in it, and that is the limitation on Atkins (low carb, high fat). I can have full-fat cream in my coffee, but not regular milk. I can have unsweetened almond milk.
So I just exclude carbs -- no bread/baked goods, rice, pasta, potatoes, beans, corn, fruit other than berries, or dairy other than full-fat cheese and cream. Lots of veggies though! The "bright lines" are easier for me.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Oh, I see.....gosh milk is different in Australia. xxx
Old 05-10-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Day 8. It's no accomplishment to go this long without a drink as I do it each month usually. Around the two week mark, I get bored or something will stress me out and get the 'f*ck it' mentality.

However, this time around, I am on Gabapentin. This medication is prescribed for off-label use 90 percent of the time. Alcohol withdrawal and alcohol abuse are being treated with this medication as well. It has suppressed my cravings quite effectively thus far. Ask a doctor about it if you are curious.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:00 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through, Stubbs. Happy Mother's Day to you! And to all the moms and substitute moms.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Happy mothers day to all the Moms here!

3 weeks today and Im keeping it.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks dear Fallow!!! xxx
Old 05-10-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey Wasting life, well 8 is a start.
Me too, I feel like crap today for some reason but day 8. In the last 6 months I occasionally skipped a weekend, but not recently.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:01 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Day 8 is awesome dear Maria. s xx
Old 05-10-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I just want to say... 17 days abstinence in the books, and here it's 5:40 pm on day 18. Not having any cravings.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
However, this time around, I am on Gabapentin. This medication is prescribed for off-label use 90 percent of the time.
Interesting. My husband was prescribed gabapentin for joint pain (he is on Pradaxa and can't take NSAIDS). Like many very tall people (6'6") he has developed some joint problems as he ages (pushing 70).