Fell off

Off
Old 04-09-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OK - now get back on...

No quitting trying.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This can be the best or the worst feeling.....

For "me" (I call myself an active alcoholic even thou I haven't drank in 5 days today) when I fall off on Day 1 it is the best feeling because I have usually built my body back up to a point of "healthy" that I can sustain a lower amount of alcohol...catch a buzz....wash all the cares of the world away....and get sufficiently trashed and pass out and wake up the next day and not feel "so" bad....and tell myself that its "ok" I just won't repeat it....BUT THEN.....that is exactly when everything goes wrong.....

I only 1x was able to drink just ONE DAY...in the last 5 years. So because I did it that one time....I thought I was in control of this "thing". And tried it again...and again...and again...and never since have I been able to drink for just ONE DAY. A lot say I can't just have one drink....I can't do that ever either...but I can't ever just drink for one Day and that is when I realize that falling off is the worst feeling.....

Everytime I think of drinking again...I try to remember that in the end it is the worst feeling, it is not worth it, I can not handle my "booze", booze will kill me sooner rather than later because I am 56 now...and have a form of dementia....

You fell off...I'm sorry....falling off truly sucks if your an alcoholic....and the further you get into the disease...the worst it gets....some of us get lucky and a switch goes off....the "DONE" switch...and some of us do not get that lucky.

That happened to me once...my "DONE" switch came on...and I was sober 8 years..The problem was I thought I had it licked...I thought I could be a normal drinker so I turned the switch back on...and I can't find it again to turn off....IF you find it....DONT EVER TURN IT BACK ON.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

On.

The light is brighter.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fall down seven times, get up eight, AR.

You may have to change some thing, you may have to find some more support or better use the support you have , but you can definitely do this

D
Old 04-09-2020, 05:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are still here posting so I am reading that as a good sign. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
On.

The light is brighter.
Love this!
Old 04-09-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AR - When that happened to me I was even more determined to reclaim my life. I was finally convinced I couldn't touch a drop. You can win this - there is no doubt.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Samantha

I'm trying so hard. I am back on the wagon now.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You had a decent run your last go at sobriety. I am a chronic relapser. I keep trying though. Some people get it their first try, some their 1000th try. The important thing is that you never stop trying.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
You had a decent run your last go at sobriety. I am a chronic relapser. I keep trying though. Some people get it their first try, some their 1000th try. The important thing is that you never stop trying.
I refuse to stop trying. I WILL beat this!
Old 04-09-2020, 11:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
AR - When that happened to me I was even more determined to reclaim my life. I was finally convinced I couldn't touch a drop. You can win this - there is no doubt.
I will win this.