Notices

I accomplished DAY 1!

Old 04-05-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I accomplished DAY 1!

That was a rough couple of days.
A couple of days ago I posted I was scared I was going to drink.
I knew I was going to drink....after I stopped answering...the pain just became too hard.

Yesterday in the middle of drinking something told me I needed "a drink with electrolytes" I knew I was severely dehydrated but this "thought" came out of no where...

No lectures please...when I'm drunk or when it comes to me wanting something it is really difficult to stop me....Yes, I know about COVID...I know about drinking and driving...and I also know I was slowly dying....So I went and got 2 bottles of "drink for hydration" and as soon as I got home I drank one whole bottle...but kept drinking the wine.

However, when I woke up this morning I felt like I could now quit...my hangover and withdrawal symptoms were "tolerable" ...HELL but "tolerable" hell....So I have managed all day not to drink....I know now I will be ok again....

I'm glad this board was here the other day....I went back and read old posts of mine and old posts of others...and one line struck me that someone wrote to me about "needing all hands on deck" for this virus..

I am a fighter and it benefits everyone for me to be well....I took that comment to heart....So I am fighting this...I will join some AA chat sessions in a couple of days...right now I am resting, drinking fluids...eating food and especially Watermelon!
Old 04-05-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WTH is a "drink for hydration"? you mean like............WATER?

never an excuse to drive drunk. sorry, no passes there.

glad you are sober today. stay home, stay safe, stay sober.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back.

I'm not going to be intimidated into not saying driving drunk the other day was a really dumb idea tho.

Noone ever means any harm but people die that way,

I hope you never have to make that choice again.

D
Old 04-05-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee..not trying to "intimidate" anyone (which is why I hate typing vs. talking)….I knew there would be comments about that...I could have omitted that part...but it is part of what I am willing to do when I drink...its sad...its scary...and I'm not the only one that does those stupid things when drunk.....

It was just me saying...yes, I drove drunk...no lectures please just means...at this point they don't matter....its done..and thankfully no one got hurt or killed.

Avin...the drink was something to get in the drugstore but I have been asked in the past not to mention "cures" or "medications" on this site but no it was not just water......only something you can obtain at the pharmacy.....

I'm glad I came back and am sober as well.....and always will tell the whole truth to help others...even if the truth is "ugly" .
Old 04-05-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you decided to drive when you were drinking.

And, I'm sorry that you chose to go out to the drug store when we've been told to stay home.

I hope you can come up with a plan to do things differently next time.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anna..my State is allowed to go out for pharmacy items, food and alcohol.....in this case it was a pharmacy item I needed....and I wore the suggested protective gear...mask and gloves....

The only thing I did wrong was drink and drive and that I have gotten away with WAY too many times....and hopefully I never am in that situation again...and I remain sober and there won't be a "next" time..
Old 04-05-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remain sober and there won't be a "next" time..
Thats a great thing to work towards Misssy and I believe you can do it

D
Old 04-05-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee...one more thing...your "dancing "D"...oh boy is hard to look at on a Day 1.....making me dizzy and did the other day as well....lol
Old 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

All part of my aversion therapy

D
Old 04-05-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LOL (it works)...thx for turning this post around to a more positive "tone".
Old 04-05-2020, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I truly admire you honesty and courage in admitting what is going on with you. There's no way I could do it. Wishing you well. John
Old 04-05-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Put it behind you Missy. No one was hurt, and you learned. What else can a girl do?

Congrats on Day 1. Best day on the calendar.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
That was a rough couple of days.
A couple of days ago I posted I was scared I was going to drink.
I knew I was going to drink....after I stopped answering...the pain just became too hard.

Yesterday in the middle of drinking something told me I needed "a drink with electrolytes" I knew I was severely dehydrated but this "thought" came out of no where...

No lectures please...when I'm drunk or when it comes to me wanting something it is really difficult to stop me....Yes, I know about COVID...I know about drinking and driving...and I also know I was slowly dying....So I went and got 2 bottles of "drink for hydration" and as soon as I got home I drank one whole bottle...but kept drinking the wine.

However, when I woke up this morning I felt like I could now quit...my hangover and withdrawal symptoms were "tolerable" ...HELL but "tolerable" hell....So I have managed all day not to drink....I know now I will be ok again....

I'm glad this board was here the other day....I went back and read old posts of mine and old posts of others...and one line struck me that someone wrote to me about "needing all hands on deck" for this virus..

I am a fighter and it benefits everyone for me to be well....I took that comment to heart....So I am fighting this...I will join some AA chat sessions in a couple of days...right now I am resting, drinking fluids...eating food and especially Watermelon!
There is absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No, there's not HeadEast. 😭

That's the problem with alcohol, it can have you 'think' you can drive. I'm really glad that Missy has stopped, and it won't happen again.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Misssy - You sound ready to get free of it this time. It always leads us to danger & reckless decisions. It certainly caused me to do the unthinkable a few times. I knew the only way to stay safe was to never touch alcohol again.
Congratulations on your Day 1 - and the beginning of a much better life.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Missy, many congrats on day 1. I wish you all the best in your recovery. Withdrawal is terrible, but living a life enslaved to a substance is far more horrific. You can do this. Hang in there.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missy, you have every reason to move on with your sobriety.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I truly admire you honesty and courage in admitting what is going on with you. There's no way I could do it. Wishing you well. John
I learned a long time ago that the best way to sobriety was thru honesty...I really have tried to be forthright and honest even when it hurts...Thank you John.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Put it behind you Missy. No one was hurt, and you learned. What else can a girl do?

Congrats on Day 1. Best day on the calendar.
I can't change the past...only can try to do better in the future...Thank you for your support.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
No, there's not HeadEast. 😭

That's the problem with alcohol, it can have you 'think' you can drive. I'm really glad that Missy has stopped, and it won't happen again.
Thank you for your support...lets hope it doesn't happen again.