Notices

Humiliated myself

Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

tinkerbeau,
that sucks, but you will be better off taking the focus off the cringeworthy message you sent and putting it on the “stupidly drinking” part.
THAT is something you can do something about.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

As soon as I put the first drink to my lips my wife would start getting mad, sometimes.

It depended on her mood.

The best thing I have ever done is forget about drinking.

I changed my lifestyle. There are people in this world that never drank a drop of booze. If I were to offer them some, they would push it away like acid.

That is pretty much me now. Born again non drinker.

It is a decision. There is nothing to miss. There is only a new life. The old one is over.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Tink,

I’m glad you are here and posting! I definitely wouldn’t worry what he thinks, but would see what you can add into your recovery plan.

Use this forum, there will always be someone here to chat with, and talk you out of drinking. Miss you in the 24 hour thread.

❤️Delilah
Old 03-16-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

These things will be funny one day, but I was putting myself in worse and more dangerous situations each time I drank.

You don't have to ever feel this way ever again.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

Hey I totally did something like this once when I was binge drinking. I was completely done with this guy who was actually quite mean to me, but I was lonely and months after I had last spoken to him I texted AND emailed him in the middle of the night and the next day I'm just like...why did I do that? I don't even want this jerk!

I think it's common to drink n dial (or text, or email, or use social media) because we are lonely or crying out for help. But all the more reason to stay sober, so we can choose to gravitate to healthy relationships with people who will actually be supportive and care about us.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Huge thank you to everyone who has taken time to reply to me, it really has helped me feel better. Your all right not drinking again is my priority and the only thing i need to be concerned with.
My ex is not important, yes i made myself look needy and desperate but i don't need to see or speak to him again. The past is the past its time to move forward
Old 03-17-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Huge thank you to everyone who has taken time to reply to me, it really has helped me feel better. Your all right not drinking again is my priority and the only thing i need to be concerned with.
My ex is not important, yes i made myself look needy and desperate but i don't need to see or speak to him again. The past is the past its time to move forward
I used to do this all the time with my exes but now haven't thought about them in years. This too will pass