Notices

Back here again... Day 4.5

Old 02-03-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back here again... Day 4.5

Been on SR off and on for a few years when I was trying to quit. Helped, but I would fall back into my old ways after a couple weeks of being sober. The last few months my drinking was nearly out of control. I think I may have scared myself straight with this withdrawal episode.

Day 1 - Heavy nausea and vomiting for 10 hours, no sleep

Day 2 - Going on 30+ hours of no sleep. Chills, sweating, no shaking. But this is what got me, during the evening I started seeing things in the corner of my eye. As the evening progressed I was hallucinating horribly. I would see people in my closet, dark corners of my house, peeping around corners, the first time I actually swung at it. I'd see people looking through my window at me and then floating off. I went outside thinking it may be better, but it was 10x worse. There were images of people all over looking at me, and then they'd float and fly away. Saw people looking at me over my fence. I was in hell, my fiancé didn't know what to do and I kept saying I don't want to go to the ER. Forced myself to go to bed. Got 3 hours of sleep.

Day 3 I started to take some Benzos that I had before, plus gabapentin. In the morning I still saw images of people, one a girl crying in the bathroom. Forced myself to sleep again, which was difficult. Woke up late afternoon and the hallucinations were gone. Loaded up on vitamins and supplements, ate a light meal, and drank a fresh beet juice and off to bed.

Day 4 Woke up feeling better after 4 hours of restless sleep. No more hallucinations, still tired and worn out. But feeling semi-normal.. I continue to drink tons of water and take supplements as well as the benzo (wanna get off that by tomorrow).

Just wanted to share this... I don't want to go through that ever again in my life. I realize I can't control my alcohol and each withdrawal gets worse for me. My body and mind are breaking down. I know I should have probably went to the doctor, but with no current insurance and me already in debt I didn't want to add it. In a couple of weeks of sobriety plan to go to a clinic and get a blood panel to see how much damage I did.

Side note, the Gabapentin seemed to help a lot for me. If any of you go through withdrawals, ask your doc.. Reviews online say it helps the symptoms of withdrawal and reduces the craving for booze. Not suggesting any type of medical advice, just my experience.

Here's to 4.5 (yea I count the .5 haha) days of sobriety and recovery.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can make this the last time that you have to go through this. No one can do it for you. If you would just stick it out for a while you won't believe how great sobriety is!
Old 02-03-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sounds like you might have damn near drank yourself crazy.

I heard the mixture of benzos and booze is a new level of hell on earth.

The crazy hallucinations etc.

You can bet that if you explained that to a Dr. You might get held for a while against your will.

I never had visual hallucinations but I definitely heard stuff. Music and whispers.

Not something I brag about for sure outside of SR.

Quitting was an easy choice after my hells, but choosing was easier said.

Your reminder has helped me from relapsing anytime to soon.

I need to keep sobriety in the forefront using sr. I am permanently brain damaged.

I don't really crave like I used to, but there lies a new danger. I don't crave, therefore I can drink.

The crave reinvented.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Juicer- how are you feeling now?

D
Old 02-03-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was scary.. I don't have a history of mental issues. I only took the Benzos (Librium) to help with the withdrawals. Alcohol has been my drug of choice and you're right, I drank myself into an episode. Next time I feel the urge to drink, I'll remember that horrible night.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Juicer- how are you feeling now?

D
Thanks Dee, feeling better today. Just worn out. Which I expected to happen. I took the whole week off to just relax and recover.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A good post. Support to you.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like what you went through was a living hell. Those hallucinations sound horrific. Hopefully you're feeling a lot better now.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Juicer

I too am on day 4.5! Was great of you to post your story. Helped me remember to not ever go through those first few days again.

Really glad that you made it through - it sounds a lot tougher than I dealt with and I really struggled. And, I hope that it keeps getting easier from here.

Hang in there and re-read your post if you even think of having a drink.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok just an update..

Day 5.. I'm feeling pretty well. Still having some sleep issues, but appears to be getting better. I am now cutting off the librium but will stay on the Gabapentin for a couple of weeks. No real withdrawal symptoms anymore other than just fatigue. I am having cravings, which sucks.

For those interested in my supplement list (see your doctor, not advice)
Multi-vitamin
B1
Magnesium Citrate
Potassium
D1
L-Theanine
Milk Thistle

I'm sure theres others I can throw in, but with me eating mostly a lean meat and vegetable diet (fresh juice) I'm probably ok. Just wanted to restore balance that alcohol binges offset.

I'll update day 10. Thank you for those that reached out to me to support me.