Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning . happy xmas eve fam. I'm 234 days sober today..look forward to some holiday grub. Lots of goodies. ✌
Old 12-23-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day

D
Old 12-23-2019, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go!
Old 12-24-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its me again. Went to bed shortly after posting my day count. House is serine . coffee brewing. Feel pretty good fam. . like I stated in other post.These holidays will be the first sauce free ones in as far as I can remember. I wouldnt call it a road block in my journey. Not like I'm surprised. But this is New to me . Feel me? So this is when I take action and apply even more hardcore the things I have in my toolbox. This is very important to me. So I am going to do everything in my power and with some help from above to make this Xmas one to remember. Dont get me wrong its not like ok I'm gonna hide in the closet till this passes. Lol. Heck nah I am going to embrace this . be the designated host. My girlfriend and older. daughter's drink. So it should be interesting. But again they dont have the problem I do. I earned the cant handle booze button. Lol. I have been just doing things around the house. Cleaning and stuff. Believe it or not I like to clean. Its therapeutic. Like to see and smell end results. I have bumped up my coffee intake. Shame on me. But hey cut me some slack I'm trying to stay sober darn it! Lol. I switch to tea. I dont drink soda. So fam I hope I didnt bore you with my little story. But being here really really helps me. Knowing that another human out there is going thru or wants to go thru what I'm doing. Lurkers. Come on give yourself the gift of life this holiday season. Join me on this journey. Dont be afraid . sobriety wont bite ya. ✌
Old 12-24-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel good SoberRican. First Christmas sober too. I am drinking coffee and will keep doing the dishes and walking the doggies and anything else to stay occupied today. There is so much cooking to do which I love too. So yeah man, we don't drink anymore. Let's stay sober together today. Living in Day 34 and I really love these mornings sober and clear and calm. Merry Christmas SoberRican.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey thank you my friend. Oh man we got a spread for food tonight. Bomb ass spiral ham all kinds of casseroles and much much more.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please to send bomb ass food in my direction.

I am so happy for both of you. Well done.

You could also come clean at my place, while you're in the mood.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can do both lol.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a great few days! 😊
Old 12-24-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you! While this is by far the longest I’ve ever been sober (232), I was also not drinking the past two Christmases. There were some brief moments of jealousy, but that was only in the beginning of the nights. Towards the end of the nights, when I could tell people were under the affect of the drug alcohol, I felt so fortunate that I was actually in the real moment. And the next morning, when everyone had that hung over look, I felt glorious.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
I have been just doing things around the house. Cleaning and stuff. Believe it or not I like to clean. Its therapeutic. Like to see and smell end results.
I just knew there had to be another person in the world like me!!

Enjoy your sobriety. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your uplifting post Rican, I myself am really struggling right now and it is such a bummer...I thought my first sober Xmas would be happy. Instead I am frustrated with myself, down on myself and having a hard time snapping out of my worrying state.

I feel like my ego is feeding me everything that happened this past year as a bullet pointed list of big ass failures.

I am working through it though and today I have 160 days sober. I will keep moving forward.

Thanks so much for your positivity.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're doing great, and setting a wonderful example. I'm so glad you're in the SR family.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great SoberRican…..have a wonderful day!