Notices

3 days sober and I broke...

Old 12-18-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober and I broke...

Hi,

Made it to day three today and was feeling okay, bit shaky and a bit of confusion but got otutside and did stuff. I had this mad idea and I need advice. I remember last time the night of day 3 was truly horrible. Because of this, I thought "right I'll get four beers, that's it, drink them slowly, won't be drunk, and they might help a bit". I know that's insane. I'm just wondering if I did end up drinking them, what happens to my withdrawal process? does it go back to day one or just make day four even worse? Or different for everybody?

Andrew
Old 12-18-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Andyjenno81 View Post
...if I did end up drinking them, what happens to my withdrawal process? does it go back to day one or just make day four even worse? Or different for everybody?
Hard to say. Withdrawals can differ for individuals. You should look up "Kindling" with addresses the cycle of quitting and drinking.

Something to consider though, if you drink on day three, it's not day four that's made worse...it's day one again. So wake up on day four having not drank on day three.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah,you are right Doggonkarl. Just interested. I know it will be day one of society but just wondering the physical effects to the body today and I to what should be day 4.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

* sobriety
Old 12-18-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow super cool topic. For one kudos to you for even coming to this site. The seed has been planted that said I feel you is on the fence. I get it. Thinking perhaps there is a way that would soften the blow if you will. Real talk. This sh@t wants to kill you my friend. Bottom line. You want to live right? So you would think yeah I want to live. But turn around and do the crap thats gonna kill you eventually. Ok let's talk recovery what you on day four five whatever. Yeah them the ruff days. Your body and mind are bucking cause they want their medicine feel me. Dont give it to them for today. Thats it you can keep yourself busy or chill for 24 hours. Heck go to bed early whatever just dont drink. You will see instant results I promise you ✌
Old 12-18-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Andrew - it was a bit confusing with your thread tacked on to the end of someone elses so I took the liberty of moving it.

I can't answer your withdrawal question - sometimes I felt great and others I felt I might die (literally)

Have you thought what you might do this time when you get to day three and feel horrible again?

D
Old 12-18-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on three days! Keep going get day 4 and you will never have to wonder about day 3 again.

Even if I could manage four beers drinking nice and slow inevitably I be
drinking more and more and going through fierce withdrawals worse than the last time. It gets worse every time. I can assure you that.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

mine were always worse.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okaaaay Rubicon, it was just a hypothetical question like, which are allowed on for forums last I heard.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Andrew

re-reading your initial post, drinking on any day would be a step backward for me, regardless of whatever level of withdrawal I had, or didn't have.

I had to break that association of drinking to feel good.

You will feel good sober again, but it might take a couple of weeks?

D