Notices

Oops day 203

Old 11-23-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oops day 203

Good afternoon my sober fam. Happy Saturday. Reason I say oops is cause I think I missed a day or two of posting lol. My bad got wrapped up with a very busy and eventful work week. So now I'm resting up for this holiday week coming up for starters I start training for my new position at my job on Monday juggling. Two jobs first 4 hours training new job then the next 8 doing my old regular job yes my plate is full. Oh and then its the holiday. Turkey day. It will be my first or plan on being my first booze free holiday. Well if technical not really cause I made thru the fourth pf July .labor day. Birthday. But you know what I mean. And you know how us ex boozers are with them major events. . I look forward to this turkey day. Why? Cause I know in my mind I will be sober. And I have been givin the honor to say Grace before the feast. I have put alot of thought in the prayer I am going to give. Straight from the heart. I am grateful to be givin a new lease on life. And me being sober for 203 today is one of them. On turkey day it will be 208 days. I dont like to count my chickens before they hatch. But I can say with confidence that I will be sober that day. I do stay vigilant with my sobriety. Cause like I said with all the good things happening the old me would of been celebrating by what? Getting sauced all the way up to it was time to start my work. And knowing me the day before I would of been a wreck over thinking everything .not to mention the hangover anxiety and all the other crap that goes with it. Not this time fam. I am cool as a cucumber. In peace with my new life. Thought I would sharw this with you all. Sorry if you missed me. ✌
Old 11-23-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 203 man - enjoy the thanksgiving leadup
Old 11-23-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Don't be saying oops.
203 days is wonderful, SoberRican - very proud of you & love your posts.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was wondering where you went. Congratulations!!!!!
Old 11-23-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grats on 203. I was in a situation around my 6 month mark that had me pulling 70 hour weeks. My chef quit and a couple other people with him so I stepped up and took on that roll for a couple months until we sorted the situation.

There's no why I'd have been able to pull that off with alcohol involved! It ended up being kind of brutal but totally rewarding and the first time I really had a huge benefit in my life due to sobriety.

keep that truckin' on.

edit: wait the chef didn't quit, i had to fire them for a very deserved reason!