Notices

a little lost

Old 11-01-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
Faith, this is not your new reality - it is merely a corridor on your journey. Raw is normal for where you are now but where you are now is but a staging post. Good that you are going to your meeting. Listen when they tell you about the promises of recovery because they are telling you the truth. Keep doing what you are doing and your life is gonna be awesome. The joy of hitting those really crappy low spots is that our lives change beyond measure.

Big congratulations on your 7 days.

Warm wishes
Lucinda

Yes, Faith. This is not your new reality. As Lucinda noted, it’s just a corridor. And isn’t, really, a great place to be, instead of actively drinking day after day after day and slowly killing yourself? For the time being, this reality is a thrilling upgrade. You have made a terrific and brave decision and are doing something heroic. You should be so proud of yourself. I’m so happy for you. And I just bet your parents loved having you make dinner for them. What a gift- to see their daughter getting healthy and to have her under their roof.

The first seven days are the hardest. Keep going. It’ll get much, much easier, I promise.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
I'm getting a little lost reading Infinite Jest - the 1,000 page recovery novel I'm working my way through, partly set in Boston AA meetings. It's not easy but has some brilliant moments. Much like recovery itself
HI Tetrax
If you ever come to Boston PM me
I will take you to a great meeting BB steps- people come from all over the world when they are in town.

I wish you the best in your recovery. I am just going to have to check out that book ! googling now
Old 11-02-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

1 Week is fantastic Faith, you can do this, believe in yourself!!
Old 11-02-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
. MY BP was 180 as well while detoxing.
At one point my alcohol level was.458 not sure how I am alive.
Today blood pressure today 144 and .000 blood alcohol level.

Keep going I am so proud and admire you so much Kaily
Yes that level could very well be lethal. I'm glad you are here.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Yes that level could very well be lethal. I'm glad you are here.
Yes pretty scary and degrading when they told me in the ER.
I never want to be in that place again.

I just noticed that I wrote in an earlier post not realizing it
there has been a switch in my soul this *last* time around .

I unconsciously referred to this as my last time around ----not *this* time around.
Maybe my mind really is taking the approach fake it till you make it.

whatever works Day 8
Old 11-02-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know the shift you're talking about. I had that, too. I didn't entirely trust it at first, because I'd screwed up so many times before. But I kept doing what I was supposed to be doing and slowly things changed for the better.

Trust yourself and keep doing what you're doing. It really does get better and this really, really can be the last time you have to go through this.

Wishing you a fantastic Saturday.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
I know the shift you're talking about. I had that, too. I didn't entirely trust it at first, because I'd screwed up so many times before. But I kept doing what I was supposed to be doing and slowly things changed for the better.

Trust yourself and keep doing what you're doing. It really does get better and this really, really can be the last time you have to go through this.

Wishing you a fantastic Saturday.
Thank you very much Cup of Joe! Thank you for your insight. I am so happy for your gift of sobriety
Old 11-03-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you very much Cup of Joe! Thank you for your insight. I am so happy for your gift of sobriety
Stay close to those and what supports you. I keep a tab open for SR, and I use the principles of AA and NA plus Al-Anon.

I wore my highest blood alcohol level as a medal of pride...I no longer even want to think of that anymore. I had a sponsor tell me not to talk about it anymore nor about the terrible accident I was in, until I could put it in proper perspective and rationally accept it.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Stay close to those and what supports you. I keep a tab open for SR, and I use the principles of AA and NA plus Al-Anon.

I wore my highest blood alcohol level as a medal of pride...I no longer even want to think of that anymore. I had a sponsor tell me not to talk about it anymore nor about the terrible accident I was in, until I could put it in proper perspective and rationally accept it.
YES I agree. I am completely detoxed now so onward and forward

went to my meeting this morning two in a row beginners/speaker
sooooooooooo inspiring and raw.

Thank you for checking in. Craving another meeting there is one at 330p

I don't trust this feeling either of truly being ready but I have never experienced it before so I am going to believe and go with it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me
Old 11-03-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I feel like a switch went off in my soul this last time around.
Faith - glad you are here and this was spot on for me, too!! And I vividly recall my first wk and wks starting out - and just what you are going thru. We just have to keep going - I was terrified of what would be on the other side of my drinking, but I finally decided it had to be better than where I had gotten.

Take care of yourself just like you are - all those "little things" like $1 at a time (I was there too) and cooking dinner for your parents - HUGE!!
Old 11-03-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Faith - glad you are here and this was spot on for me, too!! And I vividly recall my first wk and wks starting out - and just what you are going thru. We just have to keep going - I was terrified of what would be on the other side of my drinking, but I finally decided it had to be better than where I had gotten.

Take care of yourself just like you are - all those "little things" like $1 at a time (I was there too) and cooking dinner for your parents - HUGE!!
Thank you very much! I have read your posts for a few years now.
You are a power of example and take your sobriety very seriously.
You help alot of people
Thank you

I think I am going to change the phrase to a
Switch turned ON in my soul