Notices

Day 10

Old 10-25-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Still here...don't feel great, but I'm eating, working and getting by. Hydrated, eating fruit and plain protein and vegetables.
Eventually I will see doctor (terrified). How did you coach yourselves through the worry of damage?

Sending warmth thoughts out there to those of you early in this as I am. This is hard and takes courage...
Old 10-25-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10!
As far as damage...well I don't think about it because what is done is done and I hope it will repair it self. I figure when I make it to 6 months, I'll go to the doctor.
I'm still early in my quit so I concentrate on one day at a time or even one min at a time if needed now days.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are brave and doing the right thing! I was terrified to face the medical info. It was finally a liver dr that got thru to me- and I got every test, etc. I just had to not drink and see what the results were, and keep not drinking as my scary borderline liver panels did normalize.

Getting info and being able to handle it sober is just what we have to do.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, hard I guess this early to process anything rationally. Still not sleeping at all, up until 1 am every night.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
You are brave and doing the right thing! I was terrified to face the medical info. It was finally a liver dr that got thru to me- and I got every test, etc. I just had to not drink and see what the results were, and keep not drinking as my scary borderline liver panels did normalize.

Getting info and being able to handle it sober is just what we have to do.
Thank you August, your story is amazing and I appreciate that encouragement. Not even a slight craving, so hopefully from abstinence I'll feel better by next week. Don't feel brave, feel like I'm just running scared right now.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better & taking good care of yourself. 10 days is a huge achievement.

It takes strength to get through these early days - and you're doing it. Be proud.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on 10 days. I've always worried about blood tests. So far I've been ok but after the last binge, I don't know. I'm trying to eat healthily, take vitamin b and I'm not going to get tested until I've given my body time to heal and then see.
liver enzymes are bound to be high straight after a binge but if you give yourself a few weeks they're likely to be ok. If they're not, then just have to take advice of doc. They may just ask you to go back after a few months I don't know.
​personally I'm not going to worry about it in the mean time.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadforldr7 View Post
Thank you, hard I guess this early to process anything rationally. Still not sleeping at all, up until 1 am every night.

​​​​​​Wow, I wish I could get to sleep as early as 1am lol. The night before last I had no sleep and last night sleep wasn't till after 4am
Old 10-25-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by harriet11 View Post
Well done on 10 days. I've always worried about blood tests. So far I've been ok but after the last binge, I don't know. I'm trying to eat healthily, take vitamin b and I'm not going to get tested until I've given my body time to heal and then see.
liver enzymes are bound to be high straight after a binge but if you give yourself a few weeks they're likely to be ok. If they're not, then just have to take advice of doc. They may just ask you to go back after a few months I don't know.
​personally I'm not going to worry about it in the mean time.
Thank you harriet11

I'm trying not to worry about it and just focus on recovering and good nutrition, but I still feel like crap. Desperately need some sleep. Desperately.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

finally seeing the Dr for a complete physical helped me beat that health worry stuff sadforldr7 - as it turned out I was in far better shape than I thought - I feel pretty confident you will be too

D
Old 10-25-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I definitely can relate I'm being worried about the doctor stuff I guess what just like Dee said his results came up so much better than he expected and odds are that probably going to be the same for you. But it will give you peace of mind as long as you stay off the sauce you're golden
Old 10-26-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't feel as certain on that and I'll have to muster the courage in time. Day 11...onward.

Thank you and congrats on reaching big milestones on your journey.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OH BOY! Sleep was one of my most sizable probs when I got sober. It took me what I think is an unusually long time to normalize, and truthfully I still struggle a lot some nights. Like Thu for example

For me it was just one more (huge) thing that could only get better staying sober every day.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
OH BOY! Sleep was one of my most sizable probs when I got sober. It took me what I think is an unusually long time to normalize, and truthfully I still struggle a lot some nights. Like Thu for example

For me it was just one more (huge) thing that could only get better staying sober every day.
Last night I fell asleep at 6:30, woke up at midnight and then back to sleep from 1-6 am. Needed it...not rational when I'm exhausted and it definitely affects my ability to heal.

No acute symptoms that I can tell I guess, just random body aches, pains, headaches...baby steps I suppose.

I'm impatient, which is ironic since I was in no hurry to stop poisoning myself. Thanks, August.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't worry so much about the future. Stay sober and take good care of yourself and you'll be fine.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Still here...don't feel great, but I'm eating, working and getting by. Hydrated, eating fruit and plain protein and vegetables.
Eventually I will see doctor (terrified). How did you coach yourselves through the worry of damage?

Sending warmth thoughts out there to those of you early in this as I am. This is hard and takes courage...
Sounds like you are doing great. You are doing all the right things like eating, staying hydrated and sleeping as much as you can. You sound like you are really focused on staying sober. Like you said, it takes hard work and courage. You seem to have a lot of both.
Really wouldn't worry too much about any damage that has been done, and I say this through experience. You'd be surprised at what the body can take and keep going. It has an amazing way to fight off negative influences. That's its job when you think about it. And the body's ability to repair itself is also amazing. I'd see your doctor as soon as you can. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. John
Old 10-26-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is day 6 for me. Like you Im not particularly fond of seeing my Dr (GP). So unless something goes bad with my health, Im going on my 3rd month sober. In the mean time, Im going to exercise 4-5 days a week (45 minutes-like my old sober self), eat very healthy, obviously dont drink , avoid stress (started reading a bunch of Zen stuff) and stay hydrated.

Thats my plan and Im sticking with it!
Old 10-26-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Don't worry so much about the future. Stay sober and take good care of yourself and you'll be fine.
Thank you least...I have a habit of being a worrier and over thinker (hence drinking to relieve the discomfort)..

Trying to focus on positive of today and I feel better than I did yesterday.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy1962 View Post
This is day 6 for me. Like you Im not particularly fond of seeing my Dr (GP). So unless something goes bad with my health, Im going on my 3rd month sober. In the mean time, Im going to exercise 4-5 days a week (45 minutes-like my old sober self), eat very healthy, obviously dont drink , avoid stress (started reading a bunch of Zen stuff) and stay hydrated.

Thats my plan and Im sticking with it!
I'm living the same way Izzy...just focusing on daily healthy habits and routines. Good luck to you...hope you feel better and better every day.