Notices

Another Binge

Old 09-15-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Binge

I am ashamed to say I has a binge last night. I still have alcohol in the house.

What is happening to me?
Old 09-15-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning . hey friend . dont know if you are aware but I think you might have an addiction problem. No worries so do I . but hey there is a way out. Stick around here collect some real data. And lets get to work on a recovery plan my friend.... .starting now. ✌
Old 09-15-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you got drunk. You’re lucky nothing terrible happened. I typically am not the person to blow sunshine up your butt and tell you everything will be ok, truth is if you continue to drink it will not be ok. It will he bad. BUT, I noticed that you’ve been consistently posting here and trying to get sober. By my calculations you’ve been sober a heck of a lot more than you’ve been drunk in 2019 and what that shows me is progress. I relapsed SO MANY TIMES. Some of us do. Some of us have to make sure that we’re done drinking. For me it took a lot of terrible consequences. I hope it doesn’t take you the same. But man, pour all the booze out, like duh. Even if you think you’ll want it tomorrow and you’ll be wasting money. That’s kind of the point.

A few months ago you posted that you think you have it figured out, sounds like my previous attempts. My number one cause of relapse is that life gets good. I’m so used to things falling apart that something in my subconscious just can not handle peace and stability. I know that now and I’m working on it.

Anyway, it sucks you got drunk, but don’t be too hard on my friend Stable, he’s not a bad person, he’s just an alcoholic.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stable, I think you could get rid of all the alcohol in the house and don't bring anymore home. It really can make it easier in one of those moments of craving. I'm glad you're back and posting.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Stable,

Pour the poison down the drain and start again what has/is happening to you? I think it is alcohol its cunning, baffling and powerful as stated in the AA big book.It can take everything you have and then some, get the strength and stop, we are all here with you.Good luck friend.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I am ashamed to say I has a binge last night. I still have alcohol in the house.

What is happening to me?

Good question. Being, "Curious," is the first step to discovering who you truly are and capable of becoming.

What emotion did you "feel," right before you had that urge and decided to take that drink? I'm not asking what you were thinking, I'm asking what were you feeling? All addictions serve an emotional purpose. When we discover that purpose we can reverse it with a more healthy behavior.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support and words of wisdom. I have been sober more in 2019 than I have been drunk.

i cannot moderate if I touch one drink then I am totally drunk.

i am lucky this time not to have any severe consequences. However I am under no elision that bad things will happen if I drink again.

I have been suffering from Deppression and stress this is I believe the cause of my relapse.

i have thrown half bottle vodka and 5 tins of Stella down the drain.

I still have 1 unopened bottle of Gin and don’t know what to do with it if it was open I would pour it down the drain. I am thinking of taking it back to the shop to ask for a refund. What do you think is best?
Old 09-15-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

open it and dump it out. don't mess around with booze. get rid of it as fast as possible.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Stable View Post

i cannot moderate if I touch one drink then I am totally drunk.
With a bottle of vodka, bottle of gin and I-don't-know-how-many Stellas, it doesn't sound like you had any intentions to moderate.

You asked "What is happening to me?"

Your relapse at the end of August unleashed the beast. That's why I get so alarmed when I see posts that minimize their relapse. It opens the cage. You need to put it back and do whatever it takes to get and remain sober.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dumping it is symbolic. I had such a hard time dumping booze but it offers a big emotional release.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have been suffering from Deppression and stress this is I believe the cause of my relapse.
They may have been factors involved in you choosing to drink again but you drank again because you're alcoholic Stable, and because you have nothing (or nothing much) else in place to deal with depression and stress

The force of a returning addiction can be eye watering.

I remember once I relapsed after a few months 'off' and the force of my active addiction was literally staggering.

You may have to consider doing things that you haven't considered before - AA SMART or some other in person support, AVRT, counselling, Dr, in patient or outpatient rehab.

Whatever you do it's gonna take effort - you can't half-ass or fluke this.

If you can only manage a simple plan: Dump boozw. Do not go out for more booze., Give cards, car keys to friends.

Get a day one down. then 2 then 3...
D
Old 09-15-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pour the gin down the sink. Don't get anymore. In order to stay sober you must want to be sober more than you want to drink. Do whatever it takes to get to that point. This really is a matter of life and death.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nothing is happening "to you". The bottle didn't pour itself down your neck. Take the power back!