Notices

32 days of sobriety

Old 09-05-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

32 days of sobriety

Good day to all. I am currently celebrating 32 days of sobriety. I understand that by no means am I out of the woods and relapse is cunning. I am here to piece my life back together mentally, physically, and spiritually. I am also going through sobriety and a 27 year break up at the same time. Is there anyone who has advice to make it day today with my current issues? Please feel free to respond. I need help.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to Sober Recovery. Congrats on 32 days.

Originally Posted by Simpsonlane73 View Post
Is there anyone who has advice to make it day today with my current issues?
Same way you made it through yesterday...by not drinking.

Stay strong.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome and congratulation on thirty two days. That's awesome.
I'm sorry you have so much on your plate so early in sobriety.
I feel you have tp persevere. Do what you've been doing to stay sober. Maybe check out an AA meeting. Stay around this place. And try and keep busy.
Wish I had some sage words of advice, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and congratulations on 32 days of sobriety.

I'm very sorry about your breakup and it's obviously difficult at this point in early recovery. Try to take care of yourself and be kind to yourself every day. Find things and people in your life that bring you joy and focus on those. Counselling could be an option. Just know that we do understand this is very hard, and we're here for you.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Simpsonlane

I find support is very important, especially in the times we're feeling overwhelmed - so I'm glad you've found us - tons of support here

Post and read as much as you need to - we're here to help
Congrats on 32 days

D
Old 09-05-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey congrats on your sober time. Sorry bout your break up or whatever . I just finalized my divorce April of this year. Married since 96. April 15 th to be exact . May 5 I decided to make a change I got sober. That was 124 days ago. Let me tell you my life has changed to the better. One day at a time ✌
Old 09-05-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!!!

I understand, not to the extent in years, but I too am early in sobriety and went through a divorce. You have to focus your attention on yourself, as hard as it sounds right now.

What helped me was immersing myself in AA and building a foundation of contacts, and asking for friends and help. They will come if you ask! And establishing those friendships will help you prevent from "going to a bad neighborhood by yourself." Call someone, be vulnerable, protect your sobriety and mostly understand that you need to give yourself time.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One step at a time is the only way I’d say.
If I look too far ahead I get overwhelmed.
Going through a breakup too and fighting over seeing my 4 year old 50/50

Stay sober you are doing great.
The unknown is scary but not impossible.
Break it down in to manageable chunks.

Things won’t always be this intense
Stay strong
Old 09-06-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on day 32. I am on day 21 after 14 years of drinking during which I experienced a serious health problem (not drink-related) and, recently, the sudden death of my husband. I now realise that drink did not make these things any easier to deal with at all and, after four weeks of not drinking, I am now looking forward to a future where I will not be taking drink with me.

I find visiting this forum just so, so helpful and hope that you will too.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Simpson and Badga

I really take my hat off to you two. Quitting when you’re in a rough patch must be doubly hard. I quit when things were OK, and that was hard enough. If you haven’t realised it already, you’re a pretty tough pair!

But keep at it. Even I (8 months sober) fancied a glass of wine this week - a feeling that’s becoming rarer and rarer. It’s a nailed on certainty i’d then feel like a glass the next day and the next. At the very least, I’d have to go through weeks and months of withdrawal again. It’s so much easier to do whatever and ignore those urges. Well done again.