Notices

Full relapse

Old 09-02-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Draw a line in the sand and move forward that’s all any of us can do!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hit the gym today and feeling better. Feel I have steadied the ship a bit and ready to get back on track. Going to lay off the weed as in not going to smoke at least till weekend and not during the day as there is so much I need to do. Not condoning weed use but It is the one thing that has really helped me in past related to BPD symptoms and is backed by medical research. While relapse is not good feel I know what caused it and can be more vigilant next time. While pushing oneself is good need kind of a safety break when coming close to my breaking point. Have a few new defenses I need to put up!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have you done and said regrettable things while on a bender? If yes, and you don't think you would have done or said those things sober, there's a reason. Abusing alcohol is really bad for brain chemistry.

Stopping permanently for any reason is easier said than done though.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
nez

Balance is key for me in recovery. Have you ever tried to play on a seesaw by yourself? The only way to do it is by staying in the center. That way you can still experience up and you can still experience down. If you run to either end, you just wind up sitting there in the dirt.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
AA Member

How are you today Newbeginning421?

Old 09-04-2019, 12:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
Being to active led to my relapse took on too much at once. Just have to lay of the alcohol and sure things will turn around. Was aware of HALT but thought I could push myself and pushed myself too far and blew out. Probably will be feeling better over the next week
Gosh I hope you can change this thinking.
IMO, we mince and shade words when we classify "full relapse" versus kinda.sorta.maybe...

I personally can't endorse the multi-substance-use path. For me, or from anyone I have seen (note: not starting the boondoggle of the med marijuana thing )

Glad you are sharing - hope you change the thinking and make different choices. It's astonishing what we don't *think* we should do and "why" - and what it can turn out to be like from the life of recovery it's possible to find.