Notices

3 days sober, made first meeting, not using tonight

Old 08-13-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober, made first meeting, not using tonight

Just checking in here. Yall may have seen my first post the other day. Made first meeting this morning.was hard and awkward. Wanted to use all day but a girl from here actually sent me a screenshot of my desperate post the other day and i instantly remembered the pain and took my ass home and im in bed studying and decompressing. Im amazed ive even made it this far... They said just get your head on the pillow sober. Trying not to over think on the future too much because then it seems impossible. Im happy but have also been having crying spells and ive been dizzy and confused. Did 20,000 steps today and took vitamins and drank water and ate. Thats all for today just glad im home and ive made my mind up for tonight. Thanks for listening
Old 08-13-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three days sober! Glad you made it to a meeting.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So..so positive
Old 08-13-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, congratulations. You're going to make it through the day sober. That is an accomplishment.
Believe me, I know how hard it is. But you're doing great. And excellent job of making that meeting and coming here.
We're all pulling for you. You can do this.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Super proud of you. You were in a bad way. You sound A LOT better. Way to go man. This **** isn’t easy. Be proud of yourself for today.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

3 days - that's wonderful - you're on your way to a much better life.
Congratulations for taking this huge step, Rsanchez.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Originally Posted by least View Post
Congrats on three days sober! Glad you made it to a meeting.

I will be going tomorrow as well im taking my son!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
Hey, congratulations. You're going to make it through the day sober. That is an accomplishment.
Believe me, I know how hard it is. But you're doing great. And excellent job of making that meeting and coming here.
We're all pulling for you. You can do this.
Only 3 days in and its already an emotional rollercoaster lol its crazy but im very thankful and happy and hopeful🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
Old 08-13-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it doesn't take long for the emotional roller coaster to begin. But, it will get easier, and you will learn to deal with your emotions. Good job on Day 3!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you so much

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Super proud of you. You were in a bad way. You sound A LOT better. Way to go man. This **** isn’t easy. Be proud of yourself for today.
Yes I am a lot better in many ways then the other day.... Thanks for your comment!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Three days is a long time! And do you ever sound positive. So much different from those three days ago.
I'm really proud of you, if that's alright to say.
Thankful, happy and hopeful. You're on your way to a new way of life that's beautiful and wonderous. There's bound to be some roller coaster moments, but just remember, you never have to drink or use again.

That makes me thankful, happy and hopeful for you.
Best to you in sobriety.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:)

[QUOTE=Ghostlight1;7246804]Three days is a long time! And do you ever sound positive. So much different from those three days ago.
I'm really proud of you, if that's alright to say.
Thankful, happy and hopeful. You're on your way to a new way of life that's beautiful and wonderous. There's bound to be some roller coaster moments, but just remember, you never have to drink or use again.

That makes me thankful, happy and hopeful for you.
Best to you in sobriety.[/QUOT

💛💛🙏🏽🙏🏽Your words have helped me so much... I feel corny lol but i know you understand like probably every one here does. I always thought boards like this were not helpful and were corny probably because i never reallygave it a try. The people commenting are leading busy lives but still take the time to encourage other people...probably because they know what will happen to the other person if not.... Either way im rambling... Lol..
Old 08-13-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm humbled, and that's not easy to do to this hardened old drunk.
I've been sober ten and a half years. Helping someone else helps me. I know myself all too well-I'm one drink away from a drunk. So it's like I know what will happen to the other person, but I know what will happen to me if I forget where I came from. If that makes sense.

I know I was a little harsh with you the other day, but that's me letting you know that I know what it's like to be new and needing a little motivation and aggravation to kick start recovery. Oh man, I don't know what I'm trying to say.
Just know that I, and the others here, care about you. We know what it's like each in our own unique ways, but with the same goal. Getting clean and sober.

You've got a great start. And yeah, don't look at forever. I never do still. Just today. I can handle that. You can, too. One day at a time.
Sweet dreams
Old 08-13-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 days rsanchez - thats a great start

D
Old 08-13-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done. 3 days clean and sober is a huge achievement for people like us.

Haha yes it certainly is an emotional rollercoaster. I would say buckle up your seatbelt cos you are in for a bumpy ride. It is a fight in early sobriety. We are literally fighting for our lives. But I can tell you now FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE that is won't be like that forever and every moment of discomfort is worth it. I have never woken up and regretted NOT having a drink.

Congrats again, you are doing really well and I am really pleased to hear you are going to another meeting AND taking your son! I take my daughter sometimes too!
Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done on making 3 days and your first meeting. The exercise, hydration and nutrition will all help you too; alongside going to meetings.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey good job on your three days . your noving in the right direction my friend real talk. Just Keep plugging away. Hey you got to crawl before you walk. Then soon you be sprinting lol. I remember my third day I was still a wreck. So I know the feeling now....shoot I'm at 102 days. Wtf heck yeah. And soon you will be too😃 one day at a time. Keep coming back
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good point

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Well done. 3 days clean and sober is a huge achievement for people like us.

Haha yes it certainly is an emotional rollercoaster. I would say buckle up your seatbelt cos you are in for a bumpy ride. It is a fight in early sobriety. We are literally fighting for our lives. But I can tell you now FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE that is won't be like that forever and every moment of discomfort is worth it. I have never woken up and regretted NOT having a drink.

Congrats again, you are doing really well and I am really pleased to hear you are going to another meeting AND taking your son! I take my daughter sometimes too!
Who wakes up regretting not drinking?? No one

Who wakes up regretting drinking? Nearly everyone
Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Hey good job on your three days . your noving in the right direction my friend real talk. Just Keep plugging away. Hey you got to crawl before you walk. Then soon you be sprinting lol. I remember my third day I was still a wreck. So I know the feeling now....shoot I'm at 102 days. Wtf heck yeah. And soon you will be too😃 one day at a time. Keep coming back
Thanks sober Rican!!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 3 (hopefully 4 now) days rs. I don't do steps but 20k sounds a lot and they will help you get to bed without picking up so if you can keep doing that is like putting money in the bank during the day that you can draw on during the evenings when the cravings are at their peak.