Notices

A thousand days

Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Congratulations, Kenton, and I love your quote.
Thanks Anna! And thank you for all your advice and support, particularly in relation to my relationship with my mother. This was something I needed to resolve in my own mind in order to heal and by sharing your experience, you helped me so much. The relationship with my mother still may not be what I think it should be.... still may not be what I wish it could be but it is what it is. And I accept it for what it is now. And with that acceptance came healing and peace of mind. You taught me that. So thank you Anna xxxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Congrats and I cant wait to do my 1000 day post. Getting there at day 86 I'm feeling good now things are better now I can just imagine what it would be like on my 1000th day. Well I am going to find out!😃 and with that I will keep coming back.
Brilliant, SoberRican! 86 days is awesome and it will just get better and better. Can't remember exactly when it happens but at some point sobriety gets into it's groove and builds up it's own momentum. I'm not saying we become complacent, we can never become complacant but at some point I realised I was staying sober not because drinking is dumb but because sobriety is awesome. And when that switch flicked in my brain, everything got easier. I can't wait to read your 1000 day post SoberRican! It will be here before you know it.... With lots of other incredible days inbetween xxxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Congratulations Kenton!!
Thank you Atlast! And thanks for all your encouragement on the 24 hour thread. I'll see you there 😊 xxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
Really cool, Kenton!
Thank you Lucinda! Xxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
We're so proud of you, kenton. You've done a wonderful job of healing. I know your words will encourage and uplift many.
Thank you Hevyn. So happy to know you and know that you are on this journey with me, leading the way. We're united in our journey of healing ...... and our love of yellow Labradors! Love you Hevyn xxxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
I love all those quotes and everything you said! Congrats!
Thank you Fearless! Xxx
Old 07-29-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations Kenton

D
Thank you Dee 😊.

No exaggeration to say I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you. When I joined SR, I was angry and reactive and so super sensitive. I took stuff the wrong way and couldn't see that it wasn't any situation, any person, any event disturbing my peace..... It was me and my addiction disturbing my peace. I think I left SR a few times in the early days in a blaze of self pity and indignation but each time I came back, you were there .... Welcoming, patient, non-judgmental but also honest. You're honest and compassionate Dee, and that's not always an easy combo to get right.

Going off on a bit of a tangent now but bear with me..... When I was growing up, I always watched the Australian soap 'Home and Away'. There was a character in it called Alf Stewart. Alf Stewart was always quite firm with the teenagers and kids .... He didn't put up with any nonsense but he was also always so fair. And he cared about them, he really cared. When I was growing up, I used to watch Home and Away and wonder what it would be like to have an adult like Alf Stewart in my life. Now I know! You helped me find my path towards healing Dee, and you kept steering me back to the path when I wandered off. I owe you my life. Thank you xxxx
Old 07-30-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Inspiring thread, post and quote. Congratulations and thanks
Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
Inspiring thread, post and quote. Congratulations and thanks
Thanks BackandScared xxx
Old 07-30-2019, 03:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL thanks Kenton

I haven't watched H&a for thirty years- I hope Alfs mellowed a little since then!

D
Old 07-30-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL thanks Kenton

I haven't watched H&a for thirty years- I hope Alfs mellowed a little since then!

D
Ha ha ha!! There he is! Didn't matter what level of craziness was going on.... As soon as Alf Stewart turned up, you knew everything would be ok. Thank you Dee
Old 07-30-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

First off, I want to thank you for making me late to work this morning. After reading this post, I decided to go back and read all of the threads that you started from the beginning. And I couldn't stop. You have such a beautiful gift. It was exactly what I needed this morning, and I can't thank you enough. I didn't expect to experience tears of joy when I logged onto my computer this morning with my morning coffee, but that's exactly what happened. So happy for you, and so grateful for the inspiration that you have provided.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
First off, I want to thank you for making me late to work this morning. After reading this post, I decided to go back and read all of the threads that you started from the beginning. And I couldn't stop. You have such a beautiful gift. It was exactly what I needed this morning, and I can't thank you enough. I didn't expect to experience tears of joy when I logged onto my computer this morning with my morning coffee, but that's exactly what happened. So happy for you, and so grateful for the inspiration that you have provided.
Ahhh, this has made my day!! Actually, it's made my year! Thank you ClearPath. This is why I love this site so much. We inspire each other. We do this together. We're never on our own. Thank you for your lovely words. Now get to work!!! Xxxx
Old 07-30-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you..and your FAMILY.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Congratulations to you..and your FAMILY.
Thanks Missy 😊 xxx
Old 07-30-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

1000 is one of the best milestones!! Great going.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
1000 is one of the best milestones!! Great going.
Thank you August 😊 xxx
Old 07-30-2019, 09:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congratulations
Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RetiredGuy View Post
Congratulations
Thank you RetiredGuy! Xxx
Old 07-30-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That's a huge milestone. You inspired me to check my days and I have 901 today so I'm 100 behind you. Those days start to pile up after a while.