Notices

Day 10

Old 07-27-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Hitting my double digits and feeling very good these days. Keeping up with my 90 for 90 oath and have been making new friends every day. I am finding myself reconstructing my life and more importantly, my habits. I always drank alone on the couch at night, so the night terrified me. Well, I have created my schedule of rituals and go through them each night, and I am getting used to that and looking forward to them!

Journal ->Gratitude List -> SR -> Read a little and fall asleep cozy and sober in my bed with my puppers Bradley. It is a beautiful thing to see myself in a place I only imagined while drunk.

Weekend, I am ready for you! Hitting double meetings tomorrow to celebrate my double digits. Small victory but super meaningful as the last time I was sober this long was about two years, when I was still married. I can do this.

Goodnight!
Old 07-27-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, you sound in control.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations NicLin

D
Old 07-27-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 10 too, feeling good! Still have to put my life together a bit, but it feels doable, where it was feeling impossible when drinking. 2 weeks here we go!
Old 07-27-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work. Day 84 for me I bwlieve I post here at day ten. 😁 keep coming back
Old 07-27-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on double digits!:-)
Old 07-27-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats glad you are doing so great!
Old 07-27-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done nic thats amazing we are on the right path x
Old 07-28-2019, 01:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone!

Had a magical night. Went to my second meeting at ten pm and it was a birthday meeting, and the girl that shared had SEVEN years! She spoke in a way that spoke to me, inspired me so much and she was hilarious! I really was moved by her story. After the meeting she came up to me and we exchanged numbers and went on our ways. As I was heading out, she texted me to see if I wanted to get food so I went! I am practicing non-resistance these days (a book called The Surrender Experiment taught me all about this!) and although my mind's first thought was, "Hell no! You don't know her, it will be awkward and it's late!" I ignored it and went and it was the most amazing time. We connected and instantly started talking and laughing like best friends. I felt so comfortable in her presence and in awe of the work she is continuing to do for herself.
We shared stories and ups and downs and I left feeling that I may ask her to be my sponsor.
What a night! I drove home blasting music on Ocean Drive, watching the party people party and feeling happier in my car, with my happiness.
Now I am home late and doing my rituals and LOVING MY NEW LIFE.

Thanks so much for your support, I am truly coming to love this place and how SR fits into my sober plan.

Much love,
Nicole
Old 07-28-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callas View Post
Well done, you sound in control.
That was precisely my reaction as well.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You're progress is so inspiring! I`m on day 1 and day 10 feels so far away but sound soooo wonderful, I can`t wait to get there, and see how I feel too!