Notices

Really lonely....

Old 07-22-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I need to be alone now. I am not good for myself or for other people with other people. I don’t really have answers for you but I try to emerge myself in work, gym, reading and writing. This I will do untill I feel that I have something positive to contribute to company. The world still revolves around the sun, with or without us. It is good that way.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callas View Post
I need to be alone now. I am not good for myself or for other people with other people. I don’t really have answers for you but I try to emerge myself in work, gym, reading and writing. This I will do untill I feel that I have something positive to contribute to company. The world still revolves around the sun, with or without us. It is good that way.
I have so much work to do on myself, I feel lonely, but like you said that might be for the best. Get myself into a good place, sobriety, healthy, wealthy (or at least not broke like now) and then I might get back out there. This sober lonely feeling just feels strange.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Magnum,

Hey there. I'm sorry you are going through this. I am also on Day 5, so go us!

I am pretty young (35) and got divorced this year. Being alone is definitely the hardest thing when you are trying to do the right thing. You need that comfort and support and I didn't have that at all. It can be scary!

I joined AA and have met some great people that I already know are going to be friends. I have also gone out to eat, with a good book, by myself. That's the best, taking yourself out on a date. It can be empowering and relaxing. I highly suggest it!

Maybe you can find some sober meetups in your area, of interest? Or join a gym and find people to connect with.

Feel free to drop a message, I feel us rookies could use each other along with the awesome people on here!

Oh and I so convinced that John Wick is Neo outside of the Matrix. Yup.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NicLin View Post
Magnum,

Hey there. I'm sorry you are going through this. I am also on Day 5, so go us!

I am pretty young (35) and got divorced this year. Being alone is definitely the hardest thing when you are trying to do the right thing. You need that comfort and support and I didn't have that at all. It can be scary!

I joined AA and have met some great people that I already know are going to be friends. I have also gone out to eat, with a good book, by myself. That's the best, taking yourself out on a date. It can be empowering and relaxing. I highly suggest it!

Maybe you can find some sober meetups in your area, of interest? Or join a gym and find people to connect with.

Feel free to drop a message, I feel us rookies could use each other along with the awesome people on here!

Oh and I so convinced that John Wick is Neo outside of the Matrix. Yup.
im 35 too lol.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Young bucks lol just turned 35 past Saturday woohoo!!!!