Notices

exhausted from just a little exercise?

Old 07-19-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

exhausted from just a little exercise?

just walked maybe a mile and a half to grocery store and back. felt good to get out of the house as ive been a hermit . only day 2 sober. a month ago i was running 30 miles a week, this short walk made me feel like i ran 5 miles. sweating like crazy kind of a dull pain tightness in chest where my heart is which felt weird. I wouldnt get that going on my runs before.
Also it was kinda funny I was walking around the store getting ready to checkout and turned down an aisle, noticed it was liquor aisle. I freaked out lol turned around and went down a different aisle to leave. felt good might do another walk tonight. I get depressed sitting in my room all day
Old 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well be careful there, you don’t have to do too much. Maybe give your body some time to adjust to your new lifestyle? Just stay hydrated, rest, walk when you feel up to it. You’ll be back out there running before you know it.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sr was my only real outlet. I had a buddy I used to drink with that would whisper all my issues to folks. The old....keep this a secret thing.

I would hear about it from random big mouth people.

I vent here constantly. Getting this well took a long long time.

I had trouble standing up with out bracing on things in the beginning. I needed the booze to feel normal.

I still have issues, but I am way better and still getting well.

I ate when I craved. I still do. My thing now is smaller portions but I eat every 3 hours.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt like death day two sober man.
People underestimate the toll drinking like we do has on mind and body, and everyone wants to feel good NOW

Take it easy for a day or two

D
Old 07-19-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds dangerous. I can only relate when I felt that once. It was a near fatal blood clot in my lungs. I could not walk from my car to the outside doors of the emergency room. I had waited far to long before getting there telling myself I had just gotten out of shape during the winter. I was in intensive care for a week. I would see a doctor about that kind of fatigue.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I felt like death day two sober man.
People underestimate the toll drinking like we do has on mind and body, and everyone wants to feel good NOW

Take it easy for a day or two

D
lol alcoholics want that instant gratification
Old 07-19-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Going on a binge can effect your energy afterwards because alcohol interacts with your pancreas and liver (in mostly bad ways) which are (in part) responsible for helping your gut digest the food you eat.

On top of that, when you're binge drinking, you're usually not eating or at least not eating healthy.

It's just really hard on your system.