Notices

Confidence

Old 07-16-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confidence

I have discovered that I have found a more solid level of confidence in sobriety. This is not arrogance, it is just a quiet confidence in life, the universe and everything.

As a drunk I was always weary, always on the back foot. I worried about the physical signs of addiction. I was concerned about smelling of alcohol after a night’s binge. I did not consider the future to have anything other in stall for me than more of the same.

Now I like the way I look and feel. I interact with colleagues and friends without trepidation. I do not expect wonderful things to happen and don’t feel I need it. I am satisfied with being reasonably content with the mundane and everyday things that are the fabric of my life.

I remain ever vigilant against the beast of alcoholism but this time I solidly believe I have it by the horns. Cravings and temptations will come, that is a given. I am ready and I have plans.

I do not feel as if I am keeping things together by the smallest of margins any more. I am going with the ebb and flow of life’s rythm and hope to take the rough with the smooth and find small pleasures as they present themselves.

Life is not one big high, and that is how it is supposed to be.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you Callas

D
Old 07-17-2019, 02:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post 🙏
Old 07-17-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome. Totally with you.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really LOVE how you articulated how you feel and this is exactly how I feel this time..although I don't work..the way I communicate with those in my world and my own SELF TALK is MUCH different.

And I believe I have it by the horns this time also just because you articulated with your words just how I feel and you sound really good and at peace.

Alcohol is chaos....no more.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes! Very well said. When you think about it, how confident can anyone be when they are constantly craving their next fix? There is absolutely nothing empowering about that.

Sobriety is the key to unlocking potential!
Old 07-17-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats on point. Well said . day 74 . Keep coming back
Old 07-17-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Beautiful post. I can relate on all the same levels. It keeps getting better. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I relate 100%. I used to live with constant fear and anxiety. No more. I can look people in the eye now. I can look MYSELF in the eye. It's a nice place to be.