Notices

Working a lot, not drinking, hopeful

Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working a lot, not drinking, hopeful

Lately I’ve been falling into a sort of routine again. Just working, coming home and watching tv or playing a game or something, and going to sleep just to do the same thing again tomorrow. It’s somewhat depressing but at the same time strangely comforting. Last time I drank was the 4th of July. I’m really going to try to stop again. Nothing happened it just felt wrong being drunk, couldn’t even enjoy it. I was already regretting being wasted while I was wasted so I guess that’s progress.
Anyway I’m really thankful to this website and all of the people who share their stories on here. I think the day is approaching when I will really quit drinking for good. It’s drastically lost it’s appeal since I’m always tired now. But who knows. Either way I don’t see myself posting much from here on out but I just wanted to express how grateful I am to stumbling upon this website when I was at my lowest. It has helped me tremendously. I hope anyone reading this struggling with addiction to anything finds the power to stop and live the life they deserve. We deserve to be the best we can be, we can’t give up on ourselves.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back whatsdoneisdone.

Even tho you didn't really enjoy your last drink, you might find that you can still drink without enjoying it too much.

I know I did ..... so, while I hope you're right and you've turned a corner, I wouldn't burn my bridges just yet...it's been a week right?

SR is always here for support

D
Old 07-12-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I read SR for years before joining, and then waited a bit before my first post. He act of signing up for my account was a step on the road towards what I knew was coming...that I needed to give it up entirely.

Reading here allowed me to evaluate my own patterns of drinking. In terms of the public consequences of alcoholism, I had none. That alone allowed me to tell myself for years I wasn’t “one of them”.

Then I read the experiences of others and realized I was just a little higher uphill on the slippery slope. It was life changing and a blessing to know I could choose to quit before things got even worse. Because they would have gotten worse eventually.
Good luck!
-bora
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Whatsdoneisdone View Post
Either way I don’t see myself posting much from here on out....
Hope you reconsider your decision to leave the site. For one, you haven't been posting that much to begin with. Not even 50 posts since joining. Secondly, you probably need to post more, not less. You haven't quit drinking, no matter how bad you felt after the fact. Nor is it likely to register before you drink the next time.

Working, coming home, and watching TV is fine for a routine. But it's not recovery. If it's sobriety you want, and all the blessing that accompany it, you need a plan to get there and stay there.