Notices

In a GOOD place...

Old 07-08-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a GOOD place...

Know it's gonna be short lived, but right now, day 5, I'm ok. As I explained in my previous posts, I was TERRIFIED of today. But, I slept in, got up 20 minutes before I had to get Hubs up for work. Made him breakfast. All while having the horrible cravings and fighting with that AV in my head. But, once he left at 5:30, I promptly got dressed and took my pup on a walk. That was a Godsend. I felt so good when I got home, and so did my dog. I ate some PB&J toast, took my pills, the got on here. I have always been a morning drinker...hammered by 9 am, so mornings are my worst. Even when I was actively drinking, if I got past about 11 am without drinking, I wasn't drinking that day. So, staying busy this morning. Wanted to post here, then gonna clean up the house a little (Lord knows it needs it BAD!)...just gonna take cues from my body...stop and rest when I need to, nap if I need to, eat a little if I need to. Thing is, I REALLY feel in my soul that this is it for me...I'm not gonna fail. And that makes me happy! So, for today, I will be sober. Tomorrow is tomorrow and will worry about it then. Have a gread sober day y'all!
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're feeling good. It'll get even better.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work braebear. You got it!
Old 07-08-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! I DO feel good, but am smart enough not to get cocky....it could and probably will change on a dime, but in a much better place to be able to deal....
Old 07-08-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning happy Monday. Glad you are making progress. It does get better. Once you get past the detox hump. Your golden . baby steps. You will be blessed and feel blessed the longer you keep at it. Iwndwyt
Old 07-08-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You will have so much more time sober. Dog and you will get fit and house spotless, or at least much much better--mine is
Old 07-08-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great job! I know you shared that day 4 was rough!

What do you have planned today? I'm asking a bit redundantly since you mentioned a few to dos. This one day is what matters. Practical had to be my focus early on (and I'd say early meant months not days). You can do this.