Notices

And there it is....

Old 07-07-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And there it is....

That STUPID voice...saying it's gonna be OK to drink. Woke up after sleeping very well for about 7 hrs. As SOON as my eyes opened, I was thinking of a beer. Before y'all start saying "don't drink", today I won't cause Hubby is home and I gave him my car keys so I won't even be able to drink. I kinda made him my warden...BUT, he goes back to work tomorrow and that scares the crap outta me. So, I'll be totally alone all day. With my car keys. I need to focus today on building my strength and inner power. I've made a plan for this week of things I'm gonna do all day, and as long as I can stick to it, I'll be ok, but looking at it today, it's exhausting. I still feel very tired, so now questioning if I should just take it easy, or go balls to the wall with keeping busy. I'm also trying NOT to think about tomorrow, but it's hard...cause I know it's coming. Sorry for the rambling...just having a hard morning.....
Old 07-07-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh...and today marks 2 very important anniversaries for me. It is 14 years since my Mom passed away...and it's 14 years since I began drinking....great
Old 07-07-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there - waking up with that urge is crappy. And I'm sorry about your two anniversaries.

One simple thought that I REALLY had to employ at first: very simple, daily to do lists. Those first days and weeks, in addition to a meeting, my goals and sense of victory when doing were things like 1 eat twice 2 shower 3 make the bed 4 walk the dog. And if I just napped and hydrated and didn't drink - THAT was victory. I remember feeling like I should be doing more and being fearful that I never could or would be a viable adult again.....

What are your plans today? I'm still amazed at how one morning I can feel bad and if I focus on that day, I feel totally different the next day that I'd been about to let loom large.

Keep on here today. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey August...TY. My plans today are to finally do the dishes, make a trip to the flea market, then back home cause my BFF is finally gonna come over to have a little grill out. She is my closest friend and is full aware of my situation. She lives with a hard core alcoholic and is very supportive of me. It's gonna be nice to chat over some coffee and cheeseburgers. Then hopefully, early to bed, but we'll see
Old 07-07-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey braebear

I know it's discouraging to hear that voice...but it's been a part of us for a long time.

I think he measure of recovery is not whether we hear that voice, but in what we do in response when we hear it.

The more times you beat it the weaker and fainter it becomes.

You've got this

D
Old 07-07-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Response is everything.
Get busy, get ice cream and stay strong.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love that plan bb! I've re-learned how important the marathon girl time is to me and my overall emotional (and sober) self. Enjoy this sober day.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning . you can do this. Play the tape.....iwndwyt
Old 07-07-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it is stressing you out that much give him the keys and wallet tomorrow too. Or give him all your cards and money. That way you can still drive if you need to.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What's up braebear?
Old 07-07-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Enroll in a gym, painting, ceramics, hot yoga, things that keep you busy and have nothing to do with alcohol. A gym membership is a lot cheaper than booze. Keep posting here.